I decided on a simple layout which meant that I then just needed seven more 8" nine-patches which I cobbled together from some of the pre-cut strips and scraps. Then I needed sashings. I searched my stash... I'm not really a pink girl and only had a fairly bright pink that I could use. I cut the sashing strips only to realise I was a bit short, hence the pieced centre sashings :-)
I am not good at quilt maths which is why it is no surprise that I was short for the sashings, so even though I believe that "if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail", I also believe that quilting is fun and that surely you are meant to 'patch' things together with hopefully happy results...? I am happy with the result:
I am not going to put any borders on, but I am going to use some of the lovely stripey fabric in the parcel for the binding and also in the parcel was some soft and gorgeous flannel which I will piece together for the backing...
I hope to baste it and quilt it as soon as possible.
I had a hopsital visit today and although there is a tiny vision of bone regrowth, it's very slow and so I am still non-weight-bearing or at a maximun 'touch'-weight-bearing until further notice. I am so exhausted from these crutches and when my surgeon asked how I was, I moaned: "I'm cooking, I'm putting kids in the bath and to bed, I'm doing laundry, I'm running around after kids etc etc" and he said:
Drum roll please.
"Good!" LOL. I guess it's better than lying around all day, but it really is quite tiring!
12 comments:
What an adorable quilt! I am so glad that all of those fabrics found their way to your home where they have been made into quilts that are loved! I sure hope you continue to improve.....quickly!
Lovely quilt - girly but the monkeys make it not sugary
As for the healing - have you tried arnica? Some years ago my brother broke his thumb and it just wouldn't heal - he was threatened with having an op to pin it if it hadn't made a marked improvement by his next appointment - the wife of a colleague of his was training to be a homeopath and suggested arnica - it worked a treat and saved him the pinning operation
Such a funny story! Gotta love that doctor of yours. :-D Even when they don't feel especially sorry for our situation, lol. Nice to see that you are able to monkey around a bit on the machine now.
Oh, you are a super woman with lots of gumption (the best word I can think of). I also hope the healing gets faster and faster.
What a fun baby quilt!!
Glad to hear you are making some progress in your recovery! Gosh I can only imagine the challenges of bathing kids etc with crutches.
I just love your "design opportunity" and your solution. You must be getting better if you are doing all those things. Good for you!!
Love your Monkey Quilt, I just finished one too, I only had one fabric, so I did the best I could. It is funny, my sashing is very similar to yours, so our quilts are sort of the same, but very different, lol.
Hope you get better quickly, sounds like it isn't slowing you down much.
The quilt looks lovely! The joins in the sashing look completely planned!
Ok Karol-Ann! I just added your blog to mine and then started reading yours! I had NO IDEA how similar we are and sheep! I LOVE SHEEP! It's one of the animals I don't have but always wanted...ooohhhh I think we're gonna be pals! :) Nichole/The Happy Wren
Oh my dear.... I guess the surgeon is male...LOL? But drum roll indeed! I hope the bone regrowth will continue a bit faster. I keep my fingers crossed!
Love your monkey quilt!
The quilt is lovely. I hope that bone will hurry up on the regrowth.
Dontcha just wish those doctors had a taste of their own medicine sometimes...!
The monkey quilt inspires me to get on with the one I've been planning for ages - it's delightful.
Post a Comment