Friday, 5 March 2010

Book Review: A Quilt for Baby

~Especially after my last post I am happy to confirm that this book review is not my way of blogging any significant news! :-) ~

I took photos of this book, "A quilt for Baby" by Kim Lewis, absolutely ages ago, but never got around to blogging them. This week, the boys needed baby and family photos for a family tree project at school and while I was hunting for those photos, I found these...


My dear friend Josie sent me this book about 4 years ago (I think I was pregnant with DS2 at the time). Thanks Josie!


I had grand plans to make a similar quilt inspired by the one in the book, especially as we live on a farm, but you know about grand plans ;-)))
(Which reminds me of another favourite joke:
Q: How do you make God laugh?
A: make plans!)

I like the illustration where she is still quilting it AFTER the baby is born! That's my girl LOL!!:


Anyway, it's a gorgeous book and the illustrations are lovely and perhaps when I'm old and grey and looking forward to a grandchild from one of my boys, I may dig it out and think about making such a quilt again... We'll see. I better not make any plans about it though! LOL

5 comments:

Lynda said...

THanks for sharing this - and the joke! After my recent failure to complete plans, it made me laugh too!

Tingelingeling said...

Beautiful book, and nice story! May be the lady is a very, very young grandmother... and the mum sleeping in a room beside...

loulee said...

LOL Every crafter knows she shouldn't make plans!
I 'planned' to quilt a quilt yesterday afternoon, but took a total change of direction!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Some of us have God in stitches! Thanks for this neat post!

Unknown said...

Why not make plans, at least God will be happy.