Each block is about 18 inches in size.
I took this photo to show the back of a block too so that the papers can also be seen...
I have some very overdue thanks! Andrea sent me these fabrics while I was still in the hospital (6 weeks ago! Sorry!)
Thank you Andrea, I remember them brightening my day, they are so cute and will be great for some of my Linus projects. Plus a friend has an eye on the cats, so I shall have to make her something fun with that fabric. The owls are my favourite.
Jenny (no time for a blog) made me this gorgeous needlecase as a get out of hospital gift.
It's lovely. Thanks Jenny.
Kandy and Vicky made huge contributions to my red and green stash!!
Thanks Kandy!:
And Vicky C!:
Kate sent me 2 African blocks for our swap. Now it's my turn - eek! Perhaps I can handsew them?
Josie (my patron :-D) sent me the most lush reds and this beautiful sheep fabric. Thanks Josie!
Josie said the fabric reminded her of where we live.
A while back I drew a sheep wallhanging idea on the back of an envelope and this fabric has got me thinking about that project again... Then Anne sent me some green fabrics this week and I'm thinking that some of her green fabrics with the sheep fabric would work really well in realising that scribble on that envelope!!
Thank you so much Anne:
I hope I haven't missed anyone, but I can honestly say that I am blown away by the kindness of fellow bloggers and friends! Thank you.
Thank you also for the kind comments when I was feeling so low. In the end we discovered that perhaps I wasn't ready to come off all the pain medication so soon and that the pain was indeed counterproductive. So I am back on a some pain relief and suddenly the whole world seems brighter. (I'm very tired again, but comfortable at least!)
And now for the bashing!:
We like to help Dad especially when it means we get to swing a hammer around! DH is making dust again, but at least it means the old kitchen will finally become a new bedroom/play-room or office. I joked it would be a great sewing room, but I think it was a no LOL!
11 comments:
What yummy fabrics! I'm so glad you got some treats to help brighten your days. Ah, dust... sometimes that's the story of our lives.
Gorgeous pressies. What a lucky girl!
Think upon this. When they've grown and gone, and if you are still in the house, that room will be your sewing room.
Been thinking about you and wondering how you were going. Have had a good read through the blog. Looks like you are been very spoiled but it is hard work being you at the moment. Been sending lots of thoughts from down here.
Nice blog. Love your Carolina Lilies and glad to see you're well enough to sew now.
Would it help if we voted for a sewing room too?
Sorry I didn't get around to sorting out some fabric for you, but it seems you managed without me! There truly are some beautiful people out there.
I am glad you are feeling better. You have received a lot of beautiful fabrics.
You've received some lovely gifts! I love that turtle fabric Andrea sent. And the African blocks are great -- I don't think I've ever seen that block before -- bet it would make for some interesting layouts.
Feel better!!
Oh dear...getting off the pain meds quickly may sound like a good idea but in fact it can slow down the healing. Take care (and be careful with driving a rotary cutter under meds!)
What great goodies!
Glad you are feeling a bit brighter..even with the help of some pain killers. If they are doing their job then it is worth taking them.
Love you lily blocks...they look very pretty!
Keep your chin up - all will be better in the end. Keep on taking them pills girl - lol !
Have you tried using your other foot for the sewing machine 'pedal'? I have to admit it didn't work for me but a friend is now ambidextrous (does that word cover feet too?) after a broken ankle.
Post a Comment