Sunday, 26 July 2009

When a man loves a woman


My dad made these metal templates for my mother when she made her hexagon quilt many many moons ago. The larger one is to measure the fabric and the smaller one is for the papers. Even though I am making my hexagons the same size, I don't use them as I download my hexagon papers from the internet and then use the photocopier (thoroughly modern of me LOL), but I do love them very much.



7 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

That's so nice - both that your dad made them for your mom and that years later you are making a hexagon quilt like your mom did! where on the internet do you download them from?

dutchcomfort said...

That’s a sweet story!!

Like Caryn I would like to know where you download the hexagon papers from?!?!?!?! I’ve bought 5 packages of crazy expensive hexagons paperpieces, so I would love some free stuff!

sewkalico said...

Here's a link to an online hexagon generator: http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

Pinktulip said...

I think men have worked this one out a long time ago. Every now and then they do the sweetest thing and you love them all over again! Some of them realize that it's the small things that matter to us women!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Your post reminded me of my dear dad who made so many gadgets and useful things for mom and for all of us.

hugs for that!

Unknown said...

How sweet of him to make these for your mother.

Toni said...

how neat! I use the hexagons from PaperPieces.com My daughters are doing their first quilts with hexagons this summer! It's an addiction that is for sure--thank you for starting it for me ;)