Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Lucky lucky

I have never done a stitchery before, but I was delighted to be a winner on Rosalie Quinlan's blog of this gorgeous stitchery pattern...




It arrived yesterday in the mail, and I wanted to get started immediately (great handwork while watching the tennis...)

I didn't have natural-coloured linen or red thread (as in the pattern) so I did it my way...




Thanks Rosalie, I could get addicted to this ;-)

14 comments:

loulee said...

I'm sure Rosalie would approve.

Are you going to be selling those bags you showed off in your last post?

corry said...

That's so lovely, stitcheries are addicted!

Unknown said...

Of course you do it your way it is much more fun.

Jo in TAS said...

It's lovely in your colours too!

Beertje Zonn said...

Hello,
Congratulations on your lovely price.
Is fun to do stitchery
Bear regards from,

Beertje Zonn

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on winning the prize!
I can’t do anything while watching Wimbledon! What a great match again yesterday, between Roddick and Hewitt!

Contented Caroline said...

It's lovely and I always think sticheries are so much nicer when you take matters into your own hands!

Chookyblue...... said...

it is always nice to put your own slant on projects.........love the colours you have chosen........it is a great project.........

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You certainly didn't waste any time! Love it in the green - it is going to be stunning.

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous! You make me want to start another one in your colourway!
Rosalie Quinlan xx

Tingelingeling said...

:-) Cute!! Like your choise of color!
Hugs from me

May Britt said...

This is such a cute pattern. And stitchery is soooooo addictive.....I know LOL
It is so fun to do stitchery and it is so easy to bring along on visits. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! I particularly like the fabric you've chosen to go with it ;o)

maria said...

The caddy looks really cute. I'm looking forward to the men's final later.