Monday, 27 July 2009

Double Double Delight

Here's what I would like...

I would like to finish my 'Double Delight' Quiltville.com mystery quilt this year.




I would like to piece a backing for the above quilt. (I like pieced backings and this will make it a double-sided quilt - a double double delight!!)

I would like to use the fabrics that I won in a raffle at Birgit's Quiltfest in Schönaich, Germany at least 2 year's ago.



Last year, I cut the fabrics I won and some that complimented them into 3.5" strips (don't ask me why!!) I would like to use the 3.5" strips that I cut as they are, and not cut the strips down, but I would like to use the 'Jared Takes A Wife' pattern from Quiltville.com which uses 2" strips...

I would like to show my block of the aforementioned pattern in 3.5" strips :-)



(Another double: these blocks are now double the size of Bonnie's blocks due to making them with 3.5" strips!!)

Now, I would like to make 11 more!!


ps I would also like to go to Germany to Birgit's Quiltfest this year in September!! I therefore would like to win the lottery LOL

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't doubt for a minute that you can achieve all of those except perhaps the last one :o) Great idea to do a reversible quilt - love the fabric selections for the back

Toni said...

I want to win a lottery too! :)

Beautiful! It always amazes me how scrappy quilts just look soo well when they are done!

YankeeQuilter said...

There is still lots of quilting time this year! Hey if you win the lottery you can come over to our quilt show here in October too!

loulee said...

Will you settle for meeting with me in Birmingham?

You could back your quilt however you like, and I'm sure you'll achieve it too!

Kim said...

I see no reason why you should not have all that you have listed here ~ All seems reasonable to me! Say hello to Birgit for me, lol, tell her I still enjoy my pincushion that she made for me. :o)

Ruth's Place said...

Double Delight is looking good!

I was most disappointed that I didn't win the AU$90 million lottery jackpot when I was home in Australia last month...

Unknown said...

You can do it all, no doubt in my mind.

Janet said...

Your Double Delight looks lovely - mine is still in very small pieces! I love the backing idea but always worry about getting things lined up properly with double sided quilts.
Have you entered any quilts into the Harrogate show this year?

dutchcomfort said...

Great idea to make a reversible quilt! And lots of great wished you have! Who knows!

I’m always told to take care not to have too many seams in the backing when you want to handquilt. So what’s your plan, how will this double double delight be quilted?

Millie said...

I like the idea of a reversable quilt. Your Quiltville quilt is gorgeous!