Thursday, 16 October 2008

It's not my fault, I swear!!

Right so no-one will ever believe me again when I say I don't always get great mail!! I don't, I promise, but when I do...



It's really great!!

Nicolette and I did a swap. I sent her those African string blocks I made. And Nicolette sent me some wonderful Dutch fabrics and other fantastic goodies including these wonderful cats for the boys...


(Never work with kids or animals!!)


DS1 tells me his is going to show-and-tell at school tomorrow...



And DS2 took his to bed. (I bet Teddy was a bit miffed LOL)



(Camouflage cat! -



The stripy one matches our living room rug!!)

Here are the fabrics. They are lovely, I did have an idea for them before they arrived, but now I'm not so sure as I don't want to cut them up too much...



I shall have to have another little think! (The photo of the Moda fabrics didn't come out well and I'm too tired to go take another photo, but they are gorgeous too!) Thank you Nicolette (and the boys thank you too!!)


Today was a big day for me. I mean for DS2! He had his first day at nursery (where he will go one day a week to start) and he loved it. I took a photo of the boys on our front doorstep leaving for school. The sun was shining (a bit) and all was good with the world.



So I didn't cry much because he had a grand time!

19 comments:

Vicki W said...

"So I didn't cry much because he had a grand time! "

Did you accidentally leave off the "and I had a whole day to myself!!!" part?

You do get great mail and the cats are adorable!

Julie said...

What sweet kitties! I'm just lovin' them. Your boys are so appreciative too.
It is such a big day when they first go out to some organized nursery school. I was a stay at home mom until my son was 4 and it was such a big deal when he went to preschool for the first time. Then I had to go to work. :-(

Unknown said...

And no doubt you had some well earned space - or did you just rush around like a mad thing trying to do all sorts of things without the added encumbrance of kids?

Love the dutch fabrics - wonder if I can persuade Nige to go over there for work - mind you if I did he probably wouldn't come back with the right stuff :o)

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute - both the boys and the animals. Glad you made it through the first day.

loulee said...

Wow! You lucky thing. I don't even seem to have time to think about swaps at the moment!
Love those Dutch fabrics.

It's so nice when first days, and second days too, go without a hitch.

Anonymous said...

Sniff. They grow up so fast!!

I love the stuff Nicolette sent. Those cats are adorable!!

Is that a quilt or patchwork curtain in your door glass? I am contemplating making some patchwork roman shades at some point...wondering if that is possible!

Locket Pocket said...

What a lovely parcel of goodies! I'm truly envious of those gorgeous Dutch fabrics and the boys look so lovely with their kitties! Glad to hear DS2 had a good first day! Lucy x

maria said...

I'm glad he enjoyed nursery. Great gifts. I love the quilt hanging in your door, great idea.

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of goodies! The Dutch fabric is special and I can see why you wouldn't want to cut it up much.
Glad to hear that DD2 liked school...seems only like yesterday you were expecting him while we were working on our BQL Challenge quilts!

Anonymous said...

What a nice package of goodies. The swapping with a friend from a different country makes it even better, I think.
Millie

Nanette Merrill said...

Don't you love mail!!! So fun. Cute stuff and those kids are cute too.

Unknown said...

Their eyes are so beautiful! I bet they can make you say yes just by looking at you with those beautiful eyes.

Brenda said...

What a grand package! The boys are adorable and sadly they do grow up. Thanks for sharing!

Juliann in WA said...

It is such a mix when they head off to school - even if just for one day a week. Hope you have some time for yourself on those days.

dutchcomfort said...

Your two young rascals look so gorgeous.. and do they grow up fast!!

Enjoy your goodies and your boys!!

Clare said...

The first day is always the hardest. I wandered round in a daez wondering what to do - and that was before I started quilting!

Isn't Nicolette a lovely person.

Toni said...

You always get wonderful mail!! That's because you are wonderful!!

Ahhhhh...first day of any school is hard--did you get some sewing done with your free time :)

jovaliquilts said...

What your youngest starts school, even for one day a week, it absolutely is a big deal for mom!

Ruth said...

Oh wow! That truly is very exciting mail!!

Ruth xx