55 (untrimmed) string blocks and half a bag of almost useless crumbs which I will probably just send to DS1's nursery. One of the bags came from an SA friend and I have had them for ages, the other bag was scraps from blocks I've made. Oh, it's good to use scraps!!!
DH allowed me to sew in the lounge for 2 nights. I got to watch tv and just sew, sew, sew. I'm thinking of doubling the blocks by adding a black HST to each...
But at least now they are more usable in this form.
I have a few swaps to attend to and then I plan to attack another box of scraps! Those string blocks are fun and make up really fast.
On the T-shirt front, the "mom' phoned to say that twins loved their gifts and DH said he saw one of my dinosaur t-shirts at kids tennis coaching that afternoon.
Of course you can never get kids to pose...
However, he did wear his for 2 days so I'll definitely make some more soon... keep your eyes peeled, because if I get really good, I'll put some in my shop :-) or you can custom order one [sewkalico at yahoo dot co dot uk]
13 comments:
Looks like the t-shirts were a huge hit! You are likely to start getting orders now!
Those African scraps look great that way! Love the idea of a black HST on them, too.
you busy beaver!! LOL you DS posed nicely, just didn't smile :)
I think you should definitely sell them in your shop!
Your African blocks look really effective!
those blocks are beautiful - great work and how fun to have some extended sewing time
Ooh, ooh, me! Or rather, not me, but a 5.5YO small boy who lives with me. :) I'd love to special order one for him for Christmas or even his birthday (not until Feb) - we'll talk...
African string blocks look good. Black would also look good with them.
I am so wanting to reach into the screen and snag your fabric...it is outstanding! Glad to hear you jumped back into the "quilt" of things. Your dinasours are going to be a huge success, no doubts about it. Thanks for sharing!
I am not surprised that they love those dino shirts! So cool looking!! Aren't those string blocks fun?
I am not surprised that they love those dino shirts! So cool looking!! Aren't those string blocks fun?
Good on you for using up some scraps. I must say your scraps are really a bit lovely. Those T-shirts are brilliant.
The blocks look great. I think you should add black HST to them. Your DS is so cute.
Gorgeous blocks! A HST would set them off beautifully IMHO
Beautiful blocks, I really love the colors!
Post a Comment