Wednesday, 13 August 2008

I'm not complaining!

I won! I won big time on Vicki's blog. Vicki W made some cute Monkey quilts with this great monkey fabric and then offered the scraps as a giveaway. Well, I like scraps! So I entered and gosh and golly I hit the jackpot. Vicki not only included her fuzzy cut scraps but also loads of FQ's of monkey fabric left over from her Monkey quilt...



And it's all gorgeous! Now, what shall I make????

Vicki also included one of her fabulous tie-dye t-shirts that I had my beady little eye on...



Thank you Vicki!
Admittely I am a sucker for hearts, but I LOVE it!! I reckon she should give up her job and make these t-shirts, they are superb!! (I couldn't get DH to take my photo because he's too busy bashing...)

What it looked like before I went out this afternoon...



And when I came back...



I'm not complaining, every bash is one bash closer to having a nicer house! (However I do have holes in my kitchen - photos to follow... if I can bear it LOL)

14 comments:

Kate North said...

Darn, I had my eye on that monkey fabric. Oh well, at least I won Julie's Scrappy Crow. :) Who needs more fabric, anyway!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Great fabric win! Looks like your DH is a handy guy to have around - hope your renovations are done quickly!

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad you like everything but that shirt looks HUGE on you! But glad you like it anyway. You have a very cool house too.

Toni said...

what great winnings!!! you lucky gal!!

What a beautiful stone wall....that was a lot of work to break down...makes me sad to see, but hopefully it makes your home nicer!

jovaliquilts said...

Vicki's tie dye is the very best, what a great shirt!! Congrats on winning. Maybe it will ease the pain of a big hole in your kitchen.

Wendy said...

How fun for you to win all that fabric, you'll think of something to make I'm sure. Love the heart T-shirt.

Oh my that's some big hole your hubby bashed out...what is he doing for goodness sake???

Locket Pocket said...

Wow! What a lovely win! But I tell you what, I would be the one wielding the hammer and knocking holes in things - I couldn't bear to go out and miss all the fun!!!! Poor Mr Locket often worries what he will come home to! Lucy x

Sarah said...

Lucky you for winning Vicki's stash! She is generous.

Keep encouraging your man - it works wonders (grin)

Clare said...

Great T-shirt. Don't talk to me about DIY and husbands. I've had to put up with a lashed up kitchen tap for weeks!

Brenda said...

How wonderful for you! Have a great time with all the fabric. The shirt is fabulous also. Good luck and speed on your renovations!

Unknown said...

The T-shirt is great. You are so lucky to receive all these goodies from Vicki.

Julie said...

Nice monkey fabric. I bought a fq of the blue with scattered monkeys and don't know what to do with it. It's so cute!

Jeanne said...

Congrats on your win! I'm sure a wonderful monkey project is in your future.

Mary Johnson said...

Aren't you lucky? Vicki's been going crazy with those T-shirts!