Friday, 31 October 2008

Christmas comes early

Last week a large supermarket chain filmed their Christmas commercial in Austwick. Some of my friends were filmed and the village was decorated with a huge amount of festive lights.

On the Wednesday, I went down to the village to attend the P.T.A. and saw the Christmas lights. Thinking the kids would love it, we went down the next night (with a camera) only to find they were gone!! So when we drove back from Skipton on Friday, we were delighted to see the town lit up once again (and this was visible from the A65!!) I drove in to town and let the children run on the village green to look at all the lights. Of course, this time I had no camera!!! A friend took this picture of us though...



It was very exciting for the boys and so very festive!

Loulee also got me in the Christmas mood when she sent me some rose fabrics this week! She included this gorgeous Santa which she had stitched!



Thanks Loulee, he's very special and will be treasured.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know every time you see that commercial you'll be shouting at the TV!

We're in full Halloween force here...it's only 9:30am at so far I have a pile of white paper crumbs on the floor and a pile of ghosts on the table...my hands are red from dyeing the DD1's hair for her costume and I know by the end of the day they will be orange from craving the pumpkin!

Lynda said...

The Santa is lovely but has such narow borders! I look forward to seeing what you do with him - he's too gorgeous to live in a drawer!

loulee said...

You're welcome, it's nice to do something nice. ((Hugs))

Toni said...

HOW FUN!! Is it getting chilly there too? I bet the boys had a good time!

Lovely picture!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture your friend took of you and the boys and Santa! You have to go back to took your own picture and then you can take one of your friend too.
Millie

jovaliquilts said...

What a surprise that they'd put up the lights and take them down! It certainly does rush the season, but that seems to be the norm. And, in truth, I just love the lights!

Unknown said...

How special to have the Christmas lights so unexpected! The picture of you and the boys is great. That Santa sure is gorgeous.

Ruth's Place said...

Lovely picture of you and the boys, and that Santa sure is cute!

Unknown said...

The look of wonderment on your youngest's face is what kids and christmas is all about - love the Santa - he's beautiful

dutchcomfort said...

That embroidered Santa is gorgeous. I’m sure it will not end up in a drawer! It’s a finished peace of art to hang on the wall isn’t it? Very pretty. So is the picture of you and the boys! Scary thought that Christmas is around the corner. What happened to 2008?

Kate North said...

which chain? I'll have to watch for the ad...