Sunday, 30 September 2007

In the nick of time

I am doing two Block of the Months (BOM's). I've never done any before, but I'm really enjoying the fact that you only have to make one or sometimes two blocks in the month. Surely, I can find time to do that? LOL
Here is my September effort for the Quilterscornerclub New York Beauty BOM's (the top two).



The bottom two blocks are my June blocks that I have re-done as I had a 'happy accident' with the first two! At the time I couldn't get our printer to work and so I asked a friend of mine's DH to print them for me. He 'scaled' them instead of 'cropping' them and so they are a bit small. Never mind, I didn't really like the color scheme that much anyway (you can see the first 2 here)

Tractor-boy will draw a 100th post winner on Friday and ALL comments from that post will go in the draw so thank you all for the wishes.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'll be looking forward to hearing how your BOM projects come along - I've been tempted a couple fo times but haven't bitten yet!

Unknown said...

I love the turn-ups on the bottom of his overalls :o) The NYB blocks are really beautiful - on my to-do list someday - that's getting ever longer as I struggle to even raise the energy to fondle fabric this week, hence no posting

Lynda said...

I love New York Beauties, and yours are perfect! The more complex forms of the top two are so crisp and precise, and complement the others superbly. I'm sure you'll find a good use for your 'little ones' at some time.

margaret said...

NYB variations - these are great! One of my favourite traditional blocks - very inspiring (so much to do, but so little time...)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your blocks are just beautiful, LOVE LOVE LOVE the colours and fabrics.

Andrea said...

You are going to have one gorgeous quilt when these are all done Karol-Ann. Your pp is so precise! Have you had your scrappy quilt back from the long arm lady ?

Sarah said...

I love the block of the month - New York beauty. It's one I always admire but never dare try.

Unknown said...

Your tractor-boy is so cute. I see there are sheep around you! Do you handsew these BOM blocks.