This is the bag o' stuff I received...
This is what I made...
This is the back...
Here is my statement:
"I was nervous to open the bag, but when I did I immediately thought. Hey! Look at the cute little Rain-dancer and I had all sorts of ideas. But then I had some doubts and I wondered if he was a symbol of some sort – I had never seen him before so I took a photo and asked a friend. She said he was Kokopelli!* (She even gave me a tiny piece of Kokopelli fabric that I used in the centre block.) Knowing who he was obviously changed everything so I took another long look at the fabrics and thought he is traditional, some of the fabrics are quite traditional and I went with this design. I loved the buffalo and feather fabrics and wanted to show them off as big as possible. I designed the arrows and used the beads as arrow tail decoration. It has been hand quilted and I was very pleased with the design so I hope its owner is too."
(*Just a note here to say that as a South African, we don't know Kokopelli, just like Americans probably don't know about our Tokoloshe)
I believe Carole was pleased as she said:
"Thank you, Karol-Ann, for my fabulous wall-hanging! Love the way you
made something wonderful out of my fabrics--you have an incredible
imagination! I have a modest collection of Native American art, got
hooked in college, and your piece will fit in perfectly! And it is
hand-quilted!! Just can't thank you enough!"
I can't wait to get mine. I've had a sneaky peek at who made it and their statement (I know, I know, I should just wait, but I couldn't help myself!!) so I'll be camping out next to my mailbox from tomorrow night LOL
8 comments:
It's great Karol-Ann I love the colours! The fellow in the middle is fab!
excellent job!
Oh, how clever! You did a great job with those fabrics and the Kokopelli as a design jumping-off point... or should I say dancing-off point!
This is gorgeous - I want it!!! - gives my acorn quilt a run for its money and then some! Happy to be of service on the sanity front (TIC)
This is just beautiful, great job you have done there.
It turned out great - you are so creative!
The way you put it all together suggests a story.
Ooh, I know about Kokopelli AND Tokoloshe, a bit - I read Gem Squash Tokoloshe. Aren't you impressed? Don't question me in detail, mind you :)
Post a Comment