Last night I sewed the mitred borders on Toby's quilt, it's now ready to go quilting. On reflection (pun) I've noticed it's very bright!! I have a few other kid's UFO's to finish up, but my quilting soul is aching for some adult/duller colours after this one. Perhaps I should wash and then cut my brown and cream fabrics I won at the Patchcom Quiltfest raffle last year (www.patchcom.de) and get started on the Log Cabin quilt I hope to make.
The pattern for Toby's quilt is a fun one and I would love to do it again in roses (and hearts- suprise suprise!) I do love roses and hearts) I had seen someone do this pattern (called "slash a stash") in those ikea rose type fabrics and it looked great... I'll have to add it to my 'Wish-F-O's' although DH would definitely prefer the brown log cabin I'm sure. I think there are probably only so many rose and heart quilts even a 'keeper' can take.
1 comment:
It is a bright quilt, isn't it - not at all muted.
Post a Comment