Saturday, 28 April 2007

One of those days...

Yesterday was definitely one of 'those' days... it started at 4am when baby wouldn't go back to sleep. When I eventually got my tired frame out of bed after being allowed a 'micro' lie-in, I went to hang out the washing only to discover that my trusty machine that has been working like a dog lately had been a very bad washing machine and had 'eaten' the arm off one of Toby's babygrows!
The post cheered me up with some great books from Trudy, but silly old me, I already had one of them! The others are great though and I hope to make some time to read and use them.
On the sewing front, I managed to scrimp and scrape (and patch) enough fabric together for the border of Toby's quilt. With the day I'd been having, I held the rotary cutter at arm's length and was VERY careful! 2 sides are pinned and as soon as the kids are in bed tonight, I'll try and get those on, so that I can grow my pile to send for quilting. I've also been doing bits here and there on the spare kid's quilts front and hope to have 3 to quilt as soon as I've cut and attached borders for those (single borders though!)
And I've been sewing the scrapbuster blocks into pairs (okay well I've only done 3 pairs so far, haha) then I'll sew pairs together to make 4's which will match the blocks I have from another swap. Then I'll have to think what to do with them...

No comments: