Sunday, 18 January 2015

Making More Memories

I have so many wonderful memories of my Mom,
so many little things that make me think of her...

I hope my daughter will have the same...

She likes to sit on my lap when I sew...

But more than that she loves to 'snip'!

Crazy, but true, I trust her to 'snip' the chain threads
on my quilts and blocks.
Start them young! :o)

*****
I have been trying to get another UFO to flimsy stage.
These are the blocks laid out for Bonnie Hunter's 
Criss Cross Applesauce pattern
from her book: Scraps & Shirttails II

And here is the top
(without borders)
laid out over my sewing machine.
The snowy and wet weather is not great for photos,
but I'll get one soon I hope.

*****
I'm also trying to get another UFO finished.
This is my BQL Ostrich started in 2006.
I started hand quilting this years ago
and I had contemplated finishing it on my Longarm machine,
but I'm just sitting in front of the TV in the evenings
adding a few stitches to it as and when I can.
Hopefully it will get done soon
because I remember now why I don't like hand quilting!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love the pictures of your little one snipping the blocks - soooo sweet

Vicki W said...

Oh, so cute!

Nancy said...

My little grandson likes to sit on my lap while I'm sewing, too, but I think, at 2 1/2, that he's a little too little to snip yet. Maybe the next time he visits we'll try it.

Your little Miss Kalico is adorable. I think she will have wonderful memories of sewing with you.

I love your red and green quilt. I think I posted an early photo when you had only several dozen blocks finished. It's fun to see so many blocks all together. Thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

What a precious little helper you have there. : )
I like that design of Bonnie's.
I am so slow at hand quilting--a big quilt takes me at least a couple of years!

Susan said...

She is very cute. I agree about starting them early. I really like your applesauce quilt.

Lynda said...

There is nothing like being loved from the beginning, to set you up for life. Sounds like your mum did an excellent job, and showed you how to do it too.

ruthsplace said...

Lovely memories being made. I'm glad your little one loves to snip.

Kim said...

She is soaking up everything you do with her and storing it in her memory bank. Snipping those threads is a really big deal for her. Love this and your quilts. :-D