Monday, 12 January 2015

Keeping Busy

Thank you for all the kind and thoughtful comments
on my last post.
I'm not standing still at all
at the moment...
I just can't.
I'm feeling the need to just be busy 
and so I have finished my Grand Illusion Mystery quilt top.

The geese came to look and 'honk' at me


and my little quilt helper brought her friend 
to inspect the quilt top.


I won't be able to quilt this top for a bit 
as my studio is under construction.


and my days are full of someone 
doing their very best to cheer me up!

This was a very thready quilt top...
My clothes look worse than usual!
(And the kids and carpets are covered too!!!)

11 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

It's looking good! I am not so far on with mine,

Janet O. said...

Wow, that turned out really well!
Sometimes you just need to keep busy to keep the mind from dwelling on the sad things. I'm glad you have a happy little helper.
Studio under construction? As in a new one being built?

Susan said...

It's a beautiful flimsy, and a sweet little helper too.

Lynda said...

Keeping busy is good. And what a fabulous result! And so quick! It certainly goes together quickly, doesn't it. Yours is fabulous!

maria said...

It's lovely that you have a beautiful hobby to help you in difficult times and such a little cutie to keep you smiling.

Beverley said...

What a lovely quilt and a helpful daughter. Bev x

MarneyMay said...

Awesome quilt look forward to seeing it quilted. Your daughter is delightful and I am glad you are keeping busy it often helps us through sad and traumatic times xxx take care
Regards Pauline

Cathy said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. Great job!

Lisa said...

Great job.

Unknown said...

Hi from East London in sunny South Africa, love your Grand Illusiion flimsy, looking forward to see in all quilted.

Lynette said...

Yours is so pretty!! Love the effect of your colors together. And how fun to have the goose and the bunny kisses in the photos. :D