Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Wimbledon Hats - Take Two

As Mother suited the smaller hat
I gave her that one,
which left me with the larger hat.
I felt that this one in comparision
didn't have the same va-va-voom so to speak.

I was about to make yet another hat
when my husband suggested I just fancy this one up a bit...

So it's no longer reversible,


As I put a band around it
and made some roses


The band has made it a bit snugger
and a much better fit for me...
I just hope the sun shines for us now!

*****

I will be staying overnight with a dear friend
after the tennis
so I made her a little something...
She may or may not read my blog before my visit,
so here is only the tiniest of sneaky-peaks!
More to follow, when it's been gifted.

7 comments:

Plum Cox said...

The hat looked lovely before, but it looks truly stunning now! Love the texture and style that the band and embellishments give! Maybe when you've finished with the tennis in Wimbledon you could pop over to Twickenham and give me a hat making lesson! x

Fran said...

That is one fabulous hat!! Be careful you don't put them off their game... ;-)

Janet O. said...

The embellished hat is marvelous--and you wear it well! : )

Elsie Montgomery said...

You look so good in that marvelous hat! Wow!!

Gayle and Rob said...

The hat is enhanced by the wearer!

Lynda said...

You look very sultry in the hat - a bit like a youthful Marlene Dietrich!

Kate North said...

You could have safely showed a larger sneak peek as I've been such a crap blogreader lately - not just of yours, but of all the blogs I follow... But here I am catching up now, and just about to blog the "little something" on my own blog before much longer! It really was lovely to see you, if much too short a visit!