Friday, 7 June 2013

On Being Anonymous & Other Works in Progress

My mother sent me a really strange text message the other day...
something about my blog and that she loved me
even though I was anonymous.
So I phoned her up and asked her what she was on about.
She said her friend subscribes to a UK patchwork
magazine and had seen my blog as June's Blog of the month.
At first I was flattered, but then
she went on to say that I was anonymous
and had lots of pictures, but not many words
(makes me sound a bit simple lol).

Now I don't have a copy of the article in my hands
as our local village newsagent was sold out
(A fact the Editors of British Patchwork & Quilting
might be pleased to hear about
and which they can safely take as a hint
that I would appreciate a copy!!)

I am anonymous insofar as
I don't publish my address, bank details etc on the web
because there are, sadly, a lot of crazy... people out there
and this I know to be true and why I have comment moderation on...
But if you are a quilter
or someone wanting to ask something about sewing etc,
you only have to comment and I am more than happy to reply.

So in an attempt to prove that I am willing to be less anonymous,
I will show you the other photos
my darling husband took of me
and some of my quilts the other day....

Here I am with my Heart quilt:

Here I am with my Berry Crush quilt:

Here I am with my ancient Log Cabin quilt:

Here I am with my Cathedral Stars quilt:

Here I am with the back of my Cathedral Stars quilt:

Here I am with the back of my Rose Hexagon quilt:
But enough about me!!

 Here are my latest Works in Progress:
A new quilt on the Longarm.
The top was not made by me,
but by my friend Andrea....
 (I did add the blue borders though)

A Scrappy Trippy a la Bonnie Hunter
being laid out as it will be a picnic blanket
(made as a wedding gift) soon (I hope!)

 A simple table runner
 in Dutch fabrics from my friend Nicolette...
 Quilted with a panto called 'Wildflower'.
Although the binding has been cut,
this was quilted while I had a few techinical issues with the machine
involving a lot of reverse sewing!!
So I am not sure whether to make a table runner
or a nice quilted bag...

And my Criss-Cross Applesauce blocks:
If you have Bonnie's book for this pattern,
you'll know what comes next...
'Make 186 blocks.'
I think not! :)

Hope you've enjoyed seeing the 'real' me.
Although I think I could get used to this anonymous stuff
and may start wearing my sunglasses
all the time around the village lol
:o)

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Well, congrats on your 15 minutes of anonymous fame!
Love the windblown photos of you NOT being anonymous--ha ha!

Chookyblue...... said...

I like being anon too.......nothing wrong with it......you can't be too careful online.....you never know who is reading and you like me are just normal people who write quilty based blogs......stay anon....I like it that way......and love "seeing" you in this post.....stick with the fence I say........lol.....and besides I know who you are.......your my blog buddy in the UK........

Kate North said...

All we have to do is look at your feet and we'll be able to tell it's you... (of course, I have a head start as I know what you look like!!)

BTW, mailed you some Linus tops the other day (wednesday, i think) for you to do with as you please. LA practice or give to Vicki, or...

YankeeQuilter said...

Hardly anonymous...just because they aren't in the know!

Katie Z. said...

I've never thought of you as particularly anonymous! And I can't say I'm not anonymous myself. Who wants unnecessary harassment?

Andrea said...

I have a false moustache you can borrow if you like - lol ! xx

Plum Cox said...

How lovely - and what a shame that the mag editors hadn't already contacted you to let you know that you were being mentioned!

Splendid photos - everyone knows that quilters *care* about people, but like to *look* at quilts!