Wednesday, 19 June 2013

More Red & Green Appleauce (and a Traffic Jam)

42 blocks...
Untrimmed...,
so I can see why the pattern calls for so many.
Once trimmed and then sewn together
they will get lot smaller.
I am only getting time to sew on them now and then
so this quilt is not growing particularily fast!

*****

If I am not reversing out the way of a tractor
or a milk lorry, it's the neighbour's sheep...
Honestly, the 'traffic' around here is terrible :)

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your blocks are coming along nicely. Maybe I can just experience this quilt through you and not have to make it myself!
Love your kind of traffic jam. : )

ruthsplace said...

I'll swap you traffic jams...just saying.

Love your blocks. They are really cute.

Chookyblue...... said...

your traffic is very much like mine........excpet I have big black cows and kangaroos......lol.....

Nancy said...

I love your red and green blocks! They are make one of my favorite color combinations (one that quilters don't use very often except for Christmas quilts). I just started a red & green quilt (haven't posted about it yet) in a different pattern and looking at your blocks has helped me decide to go broader with my greens. I wish I could pin your photo!

Anonymous said...

LOL - no good asking the kids if a car is coming, they'd say no and you'd still get into trouble!

*My grandfather asked my mom that when she was little and she said, "no"...but then followed it "but there is a truck!" I think my grandfather wasn't impressed!

June said...

I wish I had your traffic problem. The farmer might not appreciate my inviting his sheep to my house for tea...I love sheep!!

Jane Holbrook said...

mmmm your blocks are yummy! I love the variety. There is a lot of movement in the color, and it is such a cheerful quilt top. ha ha ha Here in the Idaho back country, we are likely to have cows herded up the road. Or, deer pronking across the road to the creek. Love it!