My blog is stuck in traffic!
My mind is full of thoughts...
mainly concerned thoughts for a sick friend,
thoughts for a friend with a troubled marriage,
happy thoughts about my children...
So I am behind on many things.
*****
The summer comes and goes here
so we try and make the most of
any sun we can get...
Last week the children had a great day out
at a water park
and the handy thing about crutches
is that Mummy gets a seat
to sit and watch the children play! :)
*****
We had a lovely bloggy/quilty visitor
and her family to stay
which was a lot of fun.
The men got on like a house on fire,
the teenage visitors were fabulous with baby
and the boys played well together.
Here Kate and I are sewing
(Kate is doing Cross-stitch and I am EPP-ing)
at one of our picnics where the sun eluded us...
at one of our picnics where the sun eluded us...
Both of us, were wrapped up under quilts,
while the men and boys climbed the Fells.
I managed to finish another rose-star...
And I have African blocks to show
(in another post!)
from Kate's visit.
*****
5 houseguests means a lot of shoes :)
(I have a shoe ban upstairs on the cream carpets
so the bottom of the stairs was a good place
to pile them up LOL)
Not that many considering there
were 9 shoe wearers in the house ;o)
*****
Now that things are back to normal here
we can spend time being silly again...
6 comments:
Sounds like you and Kate had a great visit.
I'm glad you and Kate had such a great time. I hope things calm down for you soon.
Lovely pictures of some fun days! I hope things will work out for the better for both your friends!
Take care!
Thanks again for such a fun visit! Even if I didn't get much sewing done during it, I wouldn't have traded it...
Lovely family times!
I'm with you. My blog is lost too. I'm trying to get back to it. But it's a slow go.
Love the pics of the kids playing in the water!!
Post a Comment