Another African Block for Kate!
The pattern is:
I didn't follow the pattern exactly
because it was easier to use
my Easy Angle Ruler,
but it's a fun pattern.
Making another block
made me wonder
just how many African blocks
I had in total?...
LOTS!!
*****
These are my favourites
(although, one I'm going to swap out
for another block that I want to try...)
Can you guess which one?
If you guess correctly,
I will send you an envelope with
some African fabric scraps.
Interested?
Just leave a comment
with the block number you think
eg. Top row, block 2...
And a way to contact you!
Be nice now,
because some blocks I made
and some blocks Kate made.. :)
Some of the other African blocks
I'm going to use for the back.
- I do love a pieced backing!
Wouldn't it be lovely to knock
this UFO off my list too!!
*****
Here's the quilty cat
catching some zzz's in my studio...
She's still missing after my SIL
came to visit today with her dogs ;o)
But she'll be home soon
when she gets hungry!
*****
And here's my little hat/bag-maker...
it's just a really sweet, simple old machine
with no quarter inch or zipper foot,
but it does the trick for making hats etc.
*****
And here's a photo for Granny...
Somebody was VERY tired
and nearly fell asleep in her pasta!
Giveaway closed.
Nik was right it's
the second row from the bottom,
the last one :)
African Fabrics on their way shortly!
8 comments:
I LOVE those block! I do not think I wouls swap out any of them but I will guess the middle one because it is so bright and really stands out.
all the blocks are looking great together.......not sure which is my favourite but I do like the flying geese ones........don't worry about me for the give away as I don't have nay other fabrics they would go with.......I am sure someone would find a use for them........
I'm not even going to guess, but it's funny that I was just thinking today that I really needed to lay out my blocks and work out what I wanted to do with them!
Ohh the blocks are fabulous.
I would guess third row, block three.
Those blocks look great when they're all laid out like that. There are two blocks I'd rethink ... according to my eye I'd remove the one smack bang in the middle that looks like it has yellow circles in it and then the first block in the fourth row. This is an interesting exercise.
What fun blocks! I will guess the second row, second from the left, just because the other blocks are pieced--I think this one will make a great label!
second row up from the bottom - the block on the far right.
The one in the center kind of makes it look like a "bulls-eye". That is the one I would move. Love the African fabrics a lot!! Your quilts always look wonderful!!
Post a Comment