The last time I was in hospital with this pesky leg of mine
I appliqued these hearts onto the neutral squares...
Then I decided to 'square in a square' them
with contrasting rose fabrics
(I was still deep in my rose fabric stage here LOL)
and then I decided set them on point
with teal setting triangles.
2 years later it's finally finished!
This quilt is a gift for a special girl and won't be given
until it's her birthday, however, I doubt that she
reads my boring ol' quilt blog
so I think I'm ok posting photos.
Plus quilts ALWAYS look better in real life!
I tried to get the cows in the picture above,
but they were awfully far away...
The die-cut hearts used in the quilt
were a gift from Donna
who owns the thespiderswebfabricshop.com
I should have taken a close-up of the panto,
I think it's hearts and loops and was quilted
beautifully by Chris at Fathers-Heart.
I used a lot of leftover rose fabrics to piece the back
so that you sort of get 2 quilts for the price of one...
... and teenagers, being as they are, can have a choice.
I may go visit and find she prefers the back.
And that's ok with me :)
9 comments:
That's a very pretty quilt. I love how the teal frames the quilt. I hope your recovery is going well!
The heart quilt turned out beautiful!
Great finish...I'd say happy dance but lets just say "high five!"
wonderful quilt... glad the cows did not get close enough to cause a problem xx
Who cares how long it took. You have a finish. :-) I'm sure both sides will be loved.
Back and front both look great (and a finish is always a cause for celebration!)
It looks great and I'm sure even better when I get to see it in the flesh . ( soon I hope ) Vicky C
hi there, well I just love your hearts quilt, it's stunning!
Love your heart quilt and the photos are awesome! Hope the recovery is going well for you.
Post a Comment