My Mother has arrived safely from Cape Town to stay with us
while we await baby and hopefully for a few weeks after baby's arrival.
With her came 'the Monster'!:
An English-Paper-Pieced Lone Star that she worked on years ago.
A few years back I made a start on trying to finish this quilt top for her, but also didn't get very far...
I suggested Mom bring it over this year and we make another attempt at getting it completed.
As the weather has turned and it's rainy outside (and I have been instructed to rest)
I decided to just take a quick sneak pic of it.
More to follow when I lay it out and get my head around working on it again....
**********
Yesterday, we celebrated the boy's birthdays at a Farm party.
It was great fun and the unseasonally 27 degree centigrade weather was not wasted
on all the families that attended.
What bliss being able to sit out in the sun!
On the way home we passed our kindly neighbour
who had rescued a poorly hedgehog.
He and his wife are great animal lovers and have a veritable animal rescue centre at their house
so here's to a speedy recovery little hedgehog!!!
6 comments:
What a sweet little hedgehog...they used to come around our back door and "steal" any of Mac's treats he left unguarded!
You know, your post title and the opening few words make it sound like your Mother is a monster. So glad it was clarified as I read on. : ) What a feeling of relief and accomplishment if you two can finally come off conquerer over that project.
Very cute birthday cake!--and hedgehog.
Looking forward to a better look at 'the Monster'! Also, very brave of your neighbour to held the hedgehog, they're so cute but usually covered in fleas!
I was also a little taken aback when I read the title - I thought the baby had arrived and then I read about your mother and thought you meant her... Thank God it's just a quilt ! (that doesn't look that "monsterous" by the way).
We love hedgehogs too ! So glad this one is going to recover ! Enjoy the very last days of fine weather - change is on the way I've heard.
oooh this is exciting! If your mother has arrived then this means baby's arrival could be at any time!
Hasn't this weather been unbelievable! I think I've washed everything that is humanly possible just to take full advantage of the weather! LOL
Hope all goes well with the quilt and with the impending arrival.
Post a Comment