Firstly, Thank You to everyone who offered suggestions
on my previous post about the 'Mill-Stone Monster Quilt'.
Secondly, I thought I should actually take some photos of it
to show the scale of it:
This is me trying to hold up half of it:
This is an eighth!:
This is the half section again (heavy arms!!!):
After much thought and heeding lots of the aforementioned advice,
I have decided to take this out of the box:
And put this in the box:
I have enough of my own UFO's
that would actually make me happier to finish!
Mom doesn't care about the quilt
and although I would love to finish it for her,
she doesn't even want it for her spare room.
One of her suggestions included: "throw it in the bin" which is very sad.
One day, when I have more time and more of a plan I'll open the box,
dust it off and give it another go...
In the meantime, my Carolina Lily's are calling my name....
So let's see if I can get those border vines and berries on!
10 comments:
Okaaaay - I see just what you mean about the size! In the circumstances it's best put away for another day and another plan. I must say, I don't think it is as awful as some people seem to feel (and no, I'm not offering to take it on - have too much stash myself), and one day something good will come out of it.
I never look closely enough at your blogs' picture and didn't realise that those Carolina Lilies weren't on a finished quilt. It's going to be lovely when it's done.
Enjoy your stitching. ...Margaret
Wow, it‘s even bigger than I thought. I’m glad you decided to work on your Lilies quilt, as it’s one you love!
Good heavens Karol-Ann ~ I see what you mean - what was she making it for? An african elephant - talk about Topsy just growing and growing - it looks like a set of wings for
Icarus!!! Chop it up I say and if you're too attached to it to do so send it to me and I'll cut it up into blocks for you
If she doesn't care, you don't have to either. Life is short! Make what you love!
Intersting that your mum doesn't want it either. Couldn't you turn it into a funky cape? or two? Otherwise I think that the ideas of chopping it into blocks is a great one.
Pleased to see those carolina lilies back out, though!
I love what one quilter said about a top she cut into blocks. She said she "cut it into submission". Maybe you need to let Anne do that for you with this top.
This lily quilt is a much happier project. Good choice!
Very good decision especially since your Mum is not interested in it either!
Altogether a very sensible idea - lol ! I say send it to Anne and let her at it :-) xxx
Great pictures...made me giggle :o)
If all else fails it would make good eagle wings :o)
Now that is a quilt worth spending more time on!
And you should not be heaving around heavy weights!!!!!
Best
Joyce F
Post a Comment