Thursday, 3 February 2011

Scrappy Hearts

Saw these on Lynda's blog and I just had to try them...



After a month in South Africa where I didn't sew a SINGLE!! stitch, I needed to just sew . Something. Anything. I had these scraps lying on my worktable so I thought I'd just sew them together randomly and see what happens. After a few mini sew sessions here and there I had enough to make two of these hearts following the directions on Lynda' blog. You need 4 blocks for each heart...



They are such fun to make and the good news is that I seem to be in Patchwork mode at the moment which will come in very handy soon! :-)

8 comments:

trash said...

Very, very pretty.

Katie Z. said...

Why will patchwork mode be handy soon? That sounds like such a teaser line!

jovaliquilts said...

Those are adorable! I bet you could make one oversize block and cut it into two triangles for the bottom of the heart.

Anonymous said...

Looking good...I find Lynda is a source of great inspiration!

lynda said...

These look so pretty in these light colours! I too have been making these - it must be the proximity of Valentine's day!

Joyce said...

You say "! :-) "
I say "I may be reading to much into this but if I'm not, then very, very best wishes."
Joyce (no blog)

Pinktulip said...

I cannot believe you did not sew for a month! Wonderful weather in CT. Joburg has been wet and chilly for ages now. Every morning I wake up to a depressingly overcast sky. I am sure you enjoyed the warm weather!

Jane in Cumbria said...

They are wonderful and cheerful! I can imagine you wanted to sew after a month without!!
Jane