Thursday, 17 February 2011

Playing with Hearts

I wanted to do something with my pile of applique hearts that I had made while convalescing from my last leg operation, so a while back I tested one heart block setting it on point in a square in a square block. I used some of the fabrics I had left over from my rose hexagon quilt for squaring the heart block up and thought it looked quite fun so I have sewn a few more.

Here are the blocks that I have made so far, most of them 'squared' up today - I can't help it, 'I sew when I'm upset'* and I am upset that my hospital visit for this morning got cancelled just as I was about to set off :-(

* This is a reference to Kung Fu Panda where the 'big fat panda' says: "What? I eat when I'm upset" :-D


Anyway, this is just a temporary layout and I will probably make a few more blocks, plus those setting triangles are for my Cathedral stars course so they are just to give myself an idea... although I do like those murky greys and browns of the setting fabrics as they bring out the brights very nicely, they are 'Evening Mist' by Moda and were from a swap with the Happy Wren - thanks Nichole, they are gorgeous!

Just a few more sleeps...

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Great idea to set the heartblocks on point!

How’s the screenprinting going? Love those teapots in your blogheader!

Fran said...

Really lovely the design! Sorry your appointment was changed!

Pascale said...

I think to quilt when upset is a very good alternative to eating when upset. Love your hearts, I think it will be fabulous.

YankeeQuilter said...

I think someone should show the Panda how to quilt...

Anonymous said...

Those hearts look lovely and the on-point design suits them well.