Saturday, 19 February 2011

Black and White all over

This is a little quilt top I have made for a friend's baby. I had no plan so it's not very structured, but I hope it works. Now I just need to baste and quilt it...



We woke up to snow this morning...



It's already melting thankfully.



Gluten-free sponge cake with cherry jam filling - perfect for a snowy day!

8 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Such a great baby quilt -- I love B&W with brights for babies. They go for graphics.

Brenda said...

Wonderful quilt. I really adore the simplicity of the colors and style, it draws you right to it. Your cake looks delicious! Enjoy.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun quilt! Love the snow photos...

Lindah said...

Oh, yum, the cake sounds delicious.
And the baby quilt looks delicious.
Snow is beautiful --as long as it melts right away. We had my favorite kind of snow last Fri: big fluffy flakes all day long; mounted up on the grass and bushes, but melted on the paved areas. Pretty and gone the next day. ;-)

dutch sisters said...

Hmm your cake looks yummie! love your quilt!

Clare said...

Lovely quilt. Yuk! Snow!

Fran said...

Hello,
Have you just changed the header photo or am I incredibly slow on the uptake?!? It really looks fantastic, is that quilt all finished now? I don't remember seeing finished photos, but I have been more work than patchwork focussed this term! Thank goodness for half term (and a cinema trip to Tangled yesterday ;-)
Hope you're not in for a snowy week.

Diah Rothman said...

Hi, I love your quilt design....and I have just made one for a friend something like that. Thanks for sharing!!! :)