Passport: check
E-ticket: check
Euros: check
E-ticket: check
Euros: check
Camera: check
Toothbrush: check
Toothbrush: check
Whenever I travel, I always feel like I'm forgetting something. This time it's the boys, it's a wrench I can tell you. We're a team and I shall miss my team mates. But for the very reason I am no longer a member of a quilt group, I have to leave them behind: Kids and quilting and sewing machines and rotary cutters and pins and long days mindlessly sewing don't mix.
I am so looking forward to my trip, to meeting Bonnie and to sewing up a Cathedral Star (lap) quilt. Thank you to DH for looking after our boys. Boys thank you for being so good! :-D
ps. If you can guess how many 4 patches I have sewn, I'll bring you something back from Germany. Clue: I am not doing the quilt full-size and I made a few more than I needed so you can't technically work it out, but you can try and guess...
The winner is Andrea! She guessed 198. I needed 195, but made 205. I will shortly be popping a little parcel in the post to you Andrea!
10 comments:
Rulers: Check
Birgit's Scissors: Check
Don't forget to bring a big hunger for a Swabish Dinner with Bonnie at Hotel Reussenstein in Boeblingen -
mmmhhh!!!
http://www.reussenstein.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=79
See you tomorrow
Hugs
Birgit
I guess 198 - probably way off - lol . Have a terrific time xxx
160?
Have fun! I would love to meet Bonnie
I'm guessing 110...but whatever...enjoy your quilt-y time!!
Enjoy Karol-Ann! I hope you will have a bliss of a time!
(144...??)
Have a fabulous time!! I'm soooo jealous! LOL
I'll guess 108 four patches!
124 - and I'm jealous too!
My guess is also 144. It looks like 18 piles with 8 in each unless you are being deliberately tricky with the photo and the bottom row of the piles is only one block wide.
I've also tried calculating how many you need for a lap quilt (assuming it will be 48 x 52 when Bonnie's quilt is 91 x 91 and you still have 4" borders) and if my calcs are correct you perhaps have too many blocks!!!!
Anyway, hope you've had a fantastic day working on it.
Best
Joyce (no blog)
I'm going for 150... Hope you have a great time.
I'd like to slip into your luggage. I met Bonnie at a trunk show a few hours from home but have never had the privilege of taking a class from her. I'm sure you'll have so much fun. I think there are 187 4 patches. Where did I get that number, heaven knows. See you when you get back.
Post a Comment