Thursday, 30 December 2010

Goodbye the old...

Here's a quick roundup of December:
I made it to my last screenprinting night class for the term and managed to print a few tea-towels for Christmas...


I really enjoyed the class and hope to sign up again.



There were some very talented people on the course and it was so enjoyable to get out of the house for a few hours once a week to be creative with like minded spirits.



At the end of the session we had to wash our screens and wash away our designs *sob* (until next time I hope!)


Christmas entailed, home-picked holly from our neighbour,...



a P.Y.O. (pick your own) tree. And I mean literally pick your own. The lady selling them told me where the saw was and off the boys and I trotted (well I hobbled LOL), found a tree we liked and I had to saw it off!


It got it's fair share of decorations (I think next year we will need a bigger tree!)

I also did the odd Christmas market...


The boys both had Nativity plays. One was a sheep...

The other a king...

We had a pre-Christmas trip to friends near Cambridge. Dh gave us a little tour of the land of arches and bicycles...










And the bashing accomplished a new window/door on the homefront...








Happy New Year!

Bring it on, I'm almost ready!!!!

10 comments:

Helen said...

Love Cambridge and like your new door. I'm happy this year has come to an end. I'm ready for 2011! It can only get better :)

Vicki W said...

You've been busy!! Have a Happy New Year!

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is a neat post! Happy New Year to you too!

Ruth's Place said...

The new door looks great. Love your Tea Towels, just gorgeous!

Sarah said...

I love your screen printing. Can't wait to see what you do this year.
Happy New Year.

Toni said...

What a great post Karol-Ann!! I just love viewing your month by pictures!! The screen printing looks like a great class, love your teapot! The kids look great for their play...the house is looking great as well!!

WOW! :) Happy New Year Karol-Ann!

Juliann said...

Wow - screen printing sounds like great fun! Maybe next class you can print some square and then sew them into a quilt! Happy New Year and enJOY all that 2011 holds.

Lynda said...

Love the Cambridge photos, and starting as a sheep augers well for the furture. My DS was a tree in his first production, and now he's a theatre director!

Pascale said...

Well Karol Ann I am jealous of your screen printing course. I wish there was one near me, but budget cuts from the council mean no chance.
I am also in admiration at the speed with which your husband created a new door. Very nice.
Happy new year to you, may 2011 bring you lots of joy and sewing time.

Sarah said...

GOsh you are so lucky to live in a house like that - beautiful - nothing like that here in Oz.

I enjoyed seeing your printing class creations. I did a class myself two years ago. One day would like to go back...