I missed last week's class due to the snow and if things don't improve (i.e. the weather and my snow driving skills!) I'll be missing tomorrow night's class as well which is very sad to say the least. I had hoped to prepare a new screen last week, but no such luck, however I can show my design which uses 2 screens and offset register as I wanted each printed piece to be individual. I feel this particular design sums up my goals from the course. I didn't have these goals when I started the course, I just wanted to screenprint again, but the course allowed me to focus on 2 goals: one was to find focus (!) and the other was to use my drawing and mark-making to enhance the design i.e. that I would not just do an outline, but utilise the very essence of screenprinting: that every line or shape drawn or made and exposed on your screen becomes a printed line or shape on your fabric.
For the first screen I cut flower shapes out of black paper for a background and the second screen is a drawing I did using my love of bees as a starting point...
Here, I printed the second screen in 2 different colours offset as part of my test prints:
And here, I printed my screen on to pre-patterned fabric:
I am thinking of stretching some of these over frames to make artworks.
It's all very well printing fabrics, but I also want to be make them into useful items so these are some coin purses that I have made from my earlier test fabrics:
I look forward to continuing my screenprinting journey and perhaps finding focus :-)
6 comments:
They would be stunning artworks. Hope you get there tomorrow night.
These are fabulous prints!
Wow! Your screen printing is fabulous! LOVE the coin purses! You are really amazing.
PS: I posted you a parcel whilst in the UK recently with some more Bernina Inspiration magazines. Did you get it yet?
Stunning! I'm always envious of people with drawing skills.
The litttle purses are gorgeous!
Wow this is awesome, you are an artist.
Post a Comment