Saturday, 19 June 2010

Filling in the gaps

I picked up my hexagons again as I have not had a chance to get any white fabric and I just can't sit and watch telly without something to stitch. So while my Lilies lie languishing, I am trying to get my rose hexagons to finished top stage. Quite a feat with crutches, but I am sure it must be good physiotherapy to get down and pin hexagon pieces in the gaps :-)



A friend bought a second-hand sofa and was so unhappy with the cushions that I offered to make her some new ones. We bought the fabric together and I made these seven for her. The biggest are approximately 28" square.


After they were made I thought I had better make us some new ones. I have made six and just have 4 to complete, but I am definitely all cushioned out for a while now!!! (Especially as I sewed my own cushions the wrong way up. They are stripy so perhaps there isn't really a right or a wrong way LOL)

I found some photos on the camera....
Here's a snap of the travellers leaving. I just didn't get a chance to get any photos with my quilts this year....



And Nichole and I have done a fun private fabric swap. I received these amazing surprise fabrics...


And these gorgeous spots. I love spots at the moment!



Nichole also included some quilting magazines and some lovely goats milk soap. I have sent her a selection of African fabrics, some magazines and some surprises! Thanks for swapping Nichole!

I was the lucky winner of 2 monthly challenges on one of my online groups and won vouchers for thespiderswebfabricshop. This is what I ordered, plus some black fabric for my African blocks:

I may have gone a bit spot crazy.... :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you getting back to the hexagons...they are coming along nicely!

katepang said...

Everything is looking lovely! I had my own spot crazy time last year, and have a lot of fun always including them in a baby quilt!

xO

Vicki W said...

You are a VERY nice friend to make pillow covers! I hate all kids of home dec sewing and avoid it at all costs.

georgie said...

Those hexagons look really good I got into hexagons quite recently because I can't just sit and watch tv either.
Georgie x

YankeeQuilter said...

Those rose hex's are really growing!

Lynda said...

I agree with Vicky - you are a very good friend! Would you ask Michelangelo to paint your kitchen? Well, don't ask me to make seat covers!

wadenest@gmail.com said...

So glad you liked them! It has been so fun...excitedly awaiting my package too! I'll post when I get it! :) Nichole
By the way...can I just say that the whole hexagon thing is just amazing??? I think that there is a small chance that it is now an addiction???? ha! :) JUST BEAUTIFUL! Nichole

Fiona said...

Hexagons are looking good!

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, making a hexagon qullt while you walk with crutches! You’re the best!

Lovely fabrics from Nichole, yummy taupe coloured Japanese fabrics and though totally different, I also love the colourful dots!

Happy week!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Ek het 'n hele ruk gelede jou pragtige hexagonkwilt op die Hexagon Quilt Along gesien en gedink dis pragtig! Kan nie wag om te sien hoe lyk die voltooide top nie. Ek's self vreeslik lus om weer 'n grandmothers flower garden te maak. Hier in Suid-Afrika is dit op die oomblik net sokker, sokker, sokker en ons geniet dit baie. Lekker werk aan jou interessante kwilt. Groete, Linda

Pinktulip said...

No need to worry, you are not alone! I have always been spot crazy! They are just so gorgeous.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your dots!

I never realized how many dots I use in my quilting until a quilty friend mentioned it to me. It seems even if its not an official dot, some of my fabric choices will have a "dotsy" look.

Billie
www.BillieBeesBlog.blogspot.com