Of course, I couldn't do it as per the instructions. No, I had to make the templates a different size AND I had to do it as an English Paper piecing project. i.e. it will all be done by hand. (I have only managed 2 segments of the first block - each block is made of 4 segments and needs applique too!)
Well, I do have time on my hands and space on my lap...
Between two hospital stays for my leg in 2 years (and a bit done at home here and there), I have finished the applique on 80 die-cut hearts that my friend Donna sent me a few years back...
I have plans to make 3 quilts out of the 80 hearts. They now need machine work, but I am unable to use my sewing machine at present, hence the Carolina Lily's which will take me several years to complete.
I have aslo been sewing spare hexagons into a small panel to try a bag out. So I am keeping those fingers busy.
I'm on the lookout for red on red fabrics for the Lilies. If you have any you'd like to swap please let me know.
In the meantime, they should be taking my staples out this week. As someone who sews, I was highly offended that they stapled me instead of stitching me back together!!
16 comments:
You are so good at thinking long term. I'm impressed. My attention span is worse than a two-year-old. I might have some red-on-red that would work for you. Mailing between USA/Canada can get pricey though. Let me know if you get desperate.
Lilies Looking good .
"Quilters Wagon" are coning to Barbon tomorrow Tuesday 9 Feb so I'll look out for some red on red for you . Take care Vicky C
You and your hand sewn projects! They are beautiful. I'm currently paying in my scraps box, how big do your red on red pieces need to be? I may even have some small pieces in my drawers, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Girl, I am so impressed with your blog and what you've gotten done, with hospitals and 2 small boys, ect! You keep it up! You do nice work~
I will definitely look for red on red in my stash. I don't have much red, but we'll check anyway!
Great project. That quilt is going to be beautiful. I love doing handwork.
I'm hoping that you are on the mend soon and can use your machine again.
Hang in there!!!!
I am ashamed! You managed to do ALL those things in-between operations, hospitals and a family?! I wish I had half your energy. I seem to spend a lot of time in my sewing room, but most of it is spent touching, looking and thinking. Time to get productive I think.
These new medical methods amaze me. Staples instead of stitches and steel pins instead of casts. I am sure you are glad to have them removed though. One step closer to healing!
Well done to you, you never stop. You have a nice new project to work on. And I suppose you have more time as you can't do much. Don't forget to rest though.
I do have some red on red, how much, what size do you need.
I hope your leg heals well and after session 2 that everything will be transformed. You do so well with coping with everything, and staying creative! I'm sure I will have some red on red for you somewhere, so let me know what size is useful!
Glad to see you aren't sitting their idly...those lilies are lovely and are a perfect block for hand work.
I will see if I have any fabric for you.
Lovely blocks!
Bear regards,
Beertje Zonn
Good luck with the staples. The Carolina Lily will provide the perfect thought to take your mind off them!
Your hand piecing is amazing! It is bound to be another masterpiece. Hope your have a quick recovery.
Those are quite some ambitious projects!
I’m totally hooked on handwork these days. Paperpiecing, love it!
I hope the un-stapling went well!
Take care!
Sorry to hear about your trouble with your leg. I hope it feels better soon and that all goes well with the second surgery. Those blocks are beautiful! Too funny about the staples lol!!
Post a Comment