I was looking at some old photos and found these which were taken by my late father-in-law when he and his wife visited us in South Africa...
Hermanus:

Bo-Kaap:

Langebaan:

Bo-Kaap again:
South Africa is so full of colour. (I remember walking home from school, after spending my train fare at the tuckshop, that I used to get called a 'whitey'! LOL)Hurry up Spring with your colour palette of new life!
15 comments:
The pictures do look so fresh in color and warm and sunny and so not winter! I love this place. :-D What's a "Whitey"?
Love all the photos! You are right, they are chock full of color.
The place looks sun drenched -- what we could all use about now!
spring is coming, I'm sure of it.
Keep on quilting those colourful quilts. That will bring some colour in your life.
Those colours are so inspiring! I can see why you miss your beloved SA!
I have been watching the weather systems and you've certainly gotten hit this week...Hopefully things will warm up soon and the fields will be lush green again...I know I'm certainly ready for it!
Wonderful joyous pictures to brighten up the dreariest of seasons - thanks for sharing x
Lovely colors abd pictures!
I think lots of us will appreciate spring this year! Hope the leg is feeling better...
I LOVE that green window with the shutters and the pretty flowers. Beautiful colorful photos.
Lovely pictures, fresh look for me on some familiar places!
Hope your leg is feeling better and you are getting more mobile.
Yes, I want spring now!!!
Gorgeous photos....hope things improve with your leg...must be frustrating at times - will be worth it in the end.
South Africa is beautiful and colourful. Each part of the country has its own charm. Without the hot sun, the colour seems to fade though. We have had so many rainy, overcast days lately, I can sympathize with you! After 5 consecutive days of rain (and no sun!) it gets a bit much. The sun seems to be back for a few days now. Whenever the northern hemisphere talk about "spring" I get depressed, knowing our winter is around the corner! I know our winters are very mild compared to yours, but I still hate the cold!
Lovely pictures and bear kisses from me.
Beertje Zonn
Post a Comment