I read this on Yahoo news:
(Start quote)
"Showbiz knitting trend set to catch on
According to editor of The Lady magazine, Rachel Johnson, it is what all the celebs are doing.
She said: "Knitting is really trendy, everyone from Lily Cole to Madonna knits and sows.''
The writer and Mayor of London Boris Johnson's sister says there has been a real resurgence in the womanly skills that her magazine champions.
From jam making to arts and crafts, 2010 is set to be a productive year."
(End quote)
I wonder what the celebs will be 'sowing' this year then ROTFLOL!!!
EDIT: I followed the yahoo link today (Monday) and see that the spelling error has been corrected. Perhaps the journalists realised that gardening isn't as trendy as sewing after all :-D
9 comments:
How funny is that...maybe she is thinking of starting a garden like our first lady?
LOL - is that one of those funny words like when I type "I'm a sewer"...
I'd dearly love to sow some grammar tips in the keyboards of those in the media who cannot spell or tell the difference between your and you're or it's and its!
Do you think all the celebrities are sowing sheep so they have more yarn to knit with?!?!
The celebs are very special *LOL*
Well, I sow seeds of love when I quilt :)
I usually sow some tomato seeds in the spring. LOL
Ohhh those celebs!
I wish all words would be spelled phoneticly... Lots of people overhere, pronounce sew like suew...
They would be helped with some ‘sowing’...LOL!
Very funny! Amazing how just one letter can change the total meaning. Interesting that celebs are joining the handmade trend. I doubt it will stay however. Imagine Madonna wearing a sweater she made herself!
Post a Comment