And the snakes which make me another kind of sick LOL...
Today was supposed to be the first day of school, but it snowed overnight and we couldn't get out again. In fact, the school was closed due to the weather so the boys went sledding again and the sheep tried not to get too cold...
The other night, I basted the monkey baby quilt using Sharon Schamber's basting method. I love it!! (I have also basted DS1's Dog quilt with the same method, but am yet to quilt that...) I used 'basting' thread that I found at a Village Fair... (it came with the pink watering can LOL)
So now I have quilted the monkey quilt using Vicky's wonderful Bernina (Bernie!) and he's the man! I love it too, in fact the combo of the basting and a great machine are just so much more fun. That walking foot is so cool. Thanks so much Vicky for lending me your extra man!
When there's some decent light I'll take a photo of the completed (and labeled) monkey quilt before it goes on it's long journey to the East...
6 comments:
What a great adventure to warmth!! :)
Thanks for the video, I have to try that out next time I baste!
Stay warm.
The Tropical World in Leeds sounds very good right now......
Great fabric and you've made the most of it with your pattern choice too. Lucky baby.
I did think of you yesterday and today. Good thing you have all the fabric to keep you warm and keep you busy!
Great basting going on there...I just got the DH to get some wood for me so I can really master the Sharon technique. The wood I had before was too thin.
Hope the weather clears for you tomorrow.
I can imagine those flowers make you a bit homesick!
Are the boys still home from school? I heard there will be more snow and cold for another week...
I have wanted to try that basting method for some time it looks like it works well?
Sledding looks like fun! I am just not fond of snow and cold weather. I am off to bitterly cold Chicago again in 6 weeks for work. Not looking forward to the cold. But the shopping is great!
Post a Comment