Thursday, 7 January 2010

Monkey Business

My first finish for 2010!


Pieced with fabric from Vicki W, basted using Sharon Schamber's technique, quilted on Vicky's Bernina and aided by Mrs Scraps & Threadtales (who answered lots of silly questions!)


Thank you to everyone who has helped me get the quilting bug back! In fact, I have quilted the dog quilt and am presently sewing on the binding!! My only complaint about the quilting would be user error, but then I am only human :-) (And the photos could have been better!)

12 comments:

Kandy Newton said...

Oh wow, it looks really good and wonderful photography background too - looks like it should be in a magazine.... Well done you.

Tingelingeling said...

Congratulation! So quilckly into the new year!
And Happy New Year from me to the whole family!
2010 will be the best year ever!!
Hugs

YankeeQuilter said...

This could be the first finish I've seen this year - good job! Love the photos...so miss seeing the sheep!

ps...there are no silly questions!

dutchcomfort said...

What a wonderful quilt in a great setting!!Can I borrow your land and sheep for some pictures...LOL!?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Way to go - one down and how many to go - ? My UFO pile is now starting to haunt me. Yikes!

Birgit-Patch said...

HI Karol-Ann,

das sieht ja supergut aus - sowohl der Quilt als auch die Landschaft. Gratuliere zum ersten fertigen Quilt in 2010, jetzt muss ich mich wohl beeilen um auch meinen fertig zu bekommen.

Grüßle aus der kalten alten Heimat
Birgit

Laura Martell said...

Your pictures are wonderful, they look like a postcard or as already said, they should be in a magazine. Love looking at your pictures. Thanks.

corry said...

What a Gorgeous quilt and so beautiful presented! Well done!

Toni said...

I just love how you display your quilts for photo shots! I wish I have a pretty backdrop in winter to do the same.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow at this rate you are going to have a very productive year!! LOL Looks great from here!

Ruth's Place said...

What a cute quilt!!

Thanks for the link to the basting method. I'm going to have to go hunting for boards for my next quilt.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first finish!