Sunday, 10 January 2010

Cats & Dogs

My second finish for 2010.

The front:



The back:


The label:



This quilt or idea and fabrics for it have been around a while. I finally finished the top last year in the hopes that I could get it longarmed for DS1's birthday in September, but that didn't happen in time so it just got put aside for yet another bit. As I'm due to go into hospital soon, I just wanted to get it done so I machine quilted it myself with a wiggly line around all the blocks and up and down the borders in a sort of grid formation.

I finished sewing the binding and label on last night, but am not sure now when I'll give it to him, perhaps sooner rather than later as it's been so cold here and he could at least use it while it still so icy out (only problem is I haven't really started DS2's Mickey Mouse quilt and I haven't much time before my operation!)

PS we get some strange birds, feeding on our birdfeeder, these days!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Another great finish Karol-Ann!!! Those pictures in the snowery scenery are gorgeous too!

You don’t know the name of that bird? It’s a Northern European white collar furrybird! Known for it‘s cheeky behaviour at feeding grounds!

Anonymous said...

LOL...what a silly cat! What's he waiting for? A bird!! Not going to happen!

The quilt is so nice and looks lovely and warm. I'm inclined to agree with you that you need to have one ready for the other son...gotta keep it fair ;o)

Unknown said...

You are on a roll, second finish in the New year, congratulations :) I love the quilt and the label is so cute.

trash said...

the problem was the cat misunderstood when you said 'birdfeeder'!

corry said...

What a lovely second finish!! It's a gorgeous quilt Karol-Ann!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Such a nice gift for your son. I'm sure he will love it. I'm not sure about that cat though. He seems to think the birds will come to him? I can imagine them lined up on a branch laughing at the cat and crying because they want a snack and have to wait until this big furry "bird" decides to look for lunch elsewhere!

Sarah said...

That bird is so funny!

AMAZED you have finished those two quilts - well done!

I hope the hospital experience is quick and you have a good recovery ....

Sarah said...

PS love all the snow pics....

We get cold here but not snow - sob sob

Esther Aliu said...

It's soo nice to see quilts geting finish ready to be photograph.Well done!

Lissa Jane said...

hahah.. we have 'birdies' like that down here, cept they are much furrier and love rearranging quilt blocks and hawking up on your carpet.. *gag*
looks very cold.. hard to think about cold when its 30C here and thats a cool day!

take care
Lissa
Australia