Tuesday, 1 December 2009

While the cat's away...

The mice may have played...
The 'mice' may have made me order a few books online...
This one may have arrived today...


(The rest to follow soon I hope)

The 'mice' may have turned the living room into a fabric explosion...


(The 'mice' and I may actually be embarrassed to show this photo LOL)

But, the big bad cat is back LOL. So the fabric has been packed away (well most of it), the book buying spree has stopped and life continues as before EXCEPT!!!
My Chookyblue Secret Santa arrived from Jenny of Elefantz....



I was 'allowed' (according to the rules) to open the first parcel and I love it!! Thanks Jenny, it's gorgeous, so modern and the colours are fabulous for our kitchen where it has been hung up already!!


And I shall wait until Christmas for my second parcel, I promise! (especially because it's so beautifully wrapped that I like it just as it is LOL)

14 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I loved to go into the Kathy Kidson shop in Cheltenham...so fun!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So glad you're happy with your ornaments!!
I have ordered that same CK book from Book Depository - it should arrive any day!! Gorgeous isn't it!?
Lotsa hugs,
Jenny

dutchcomfort said...

You need a cat to catch the mice...!
I’m curious to see the projects from the book.

Your first SSCS parcel is gorgeous!

Jodie said...

Your first parcel is spectacular and now you have to wait.......

Chookyblue...... said...

wow the mice sure have been busy in your house..........

so pleased the SSCS has arrived and you have a gorgeous ornie and wall hanging..........pop the other one under the tree.........

Pinktulip said...

Ha-ha! So true. Internet shopping is the best. Parcels can be hidden and new stash sneeked in to join the old. Make sure the cat is not aware of prices!

corry said...

Your secret santa send you a lovely tree. I'm curious what's in the other package! O, and I'm gonna look that book up, I love Cath Kidston!

Katie Z. said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Hope you became reacquainted with some pretties in the fabric explosion.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hey, I missed you. Nice to see your post and looking forward to what comes next!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a creative explosion..just shows you are having some fun while the weather is dreary. :o)

Ruth's Place said...

My 'cat' is going away soon. I'm hoping that I'll have time to create a fabric explosion of my own.

Gorgeous mini-quiltlet.

Lynda said...

My DH has been away for a couple of weeks, and the dratted 'mice' have been here too!

Fernanda said...

Hello,
I invite you to meet my blog.
Kisses.

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful photo from your living room LOL.
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn