That afternoon after doing the shopping and (thankfully) fetching DH (who did the rest of the driving for the day) we were stuck in the snow on the A65 for 2 hours trying to get home on tretcherous ungritted roads! We are very thankful of our neighbours and some local farmers who helped us get home. Maybe all I want for Christmas is actually a 4x4 and some snow driving lessons ;-)
DS1 had been on a coach trip to a panto and only got home after 7 pm as the bus also encountered many delays with the snow. He was starving and very tired, but had a great time seeing his first panto. Thanks to our neighbour once again for rescuing him from school. My little car doesn't 'do' snow and I was so worried about getting the little chap home!
The next morning, we woke up to this...
If as they forecast, we get more snow, we may even have a white Christmas!
Merry Christmas everybody!!
9 comments:
I know snow can make things difficult but it also makes the landscape look so beautiful!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Snow is great fun ....until you have to drive in it!!
Glad you all made it home safe and that you can enjoy the snowy countryside now...looks lovely!!
Treacherous, but what a glorious site this is from your backyard! Glad you are all safe and sound. Please thank those farmers for me...I see the dog got the bums rush on the ride this time, lol.
The Holly is gorgeous!!
I would love snow but not until tomorrow as I have to pick up my nephew from university first. I am praying for NO snow til after then - lol ! I have most of my shopping done so after today it can do it's worst. A very Happy Christmas to you and your family xxx
Your snow is lovely. Our snow is deep too, and finally the air is warmer (around -4 C). Last weekend it was -46 C here. That kind of white Christmas no one wants!
We haven´t got any snow yet. I am glad you all got home safe and sound.
Snow is so much fun when you’re little or can stay inside. The last 12 hours we had almost 25 cm snow!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
The snow is beautiful!
Looks lovely but such a pain in the bum if you have to get anywhere - just buy the 4wd, you won't need any driving lessons - I had one when I lived up the Dales - just like driving normally - brilliant! The only time I've not been scared of ice and snow
Post a Comment