Thursday, 26 November 2009

Why does it always rain (on me)?

Rain, rain, rain... and lots of hail too!

Today the bridge flooded again and I was worried we wouldn't be able to get home from school! Luckily we could get under the other railway bridge so I'm home to tell the tale:-) Sadly, I had no camera with me, so I have no photos to show the water levels around here which are thankfully not nearly as bad as in parts of Cumbria.

Well, it's been a long time no blog, but all the secret swaps have kept me underground however I can show one...


I'll not say anymore, but I hope they like it...


And look what I received from Ailsa for the Advent Swap....


Looks so amazing that I can't wait until the 1st of December! Thanks Ailsa!

Also received: (along with some other cool bits including something yummy that disappeared pretty quick!!)


Thanks Kandy, I can't wait to try this pen out on my butterfly quilt... (I believe the marks also disappear pretty quick LOL)

Last time we were stuck in with the weather, the boys and I made Gluten-Free mince pies (And yes, I ate all (or most of) the pies!!!)




I'll try not to leave it so long between posts, but as I'm now working on Christmas presents, I can't promise anything :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are managing to get around despite the weather....Do they know when it will ever stop? I think now it is suppose to get cold. brrr

Glad you are getting some things made..one way or another :o)

Unknown said...

I am glad you got home. Is it still raining?

trash said...

"Is it because you lied when you were 17?"

Glad it is not too wet at your house. Loving the Advent Swap, lucky you.

Renee said...

oh yum - I love mince pies too! Have fun opening all your advent swap parcels!

Pinktulip said...

I can sympathise with the rain. We just had almost a week of non-stop rain last week. Thank goodness it finally cleared up last Sunday and we are back to being sunny South Africa.You can just see people getting depressed and annoyed on the roads when the sun does not come out for days! Glad you made it home though. Love the stuff you made and it's always exciting getting parcels too! Enjoy your weekend!

loulee said...

The weather is awful isn't it? I hope you all stay safe and dry.
The pies look yummy.

Kim said...

Make no promises, I enjoy your posts! The cookies look so inviting. Seems that good things happen when theres high water at your house. :-)