Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Two tops done and a winner

Our combined quilting effort is now a top.


Pieced entirely from scraps left over from my brother's quilt, it should make Mom a great lap quilt for when she visits us. I hope to get it basted and quilted a.s.a.p.

And here are the borders on my Double Delight....



These 2 little trick or treaters, despite being poorly, had a grand Halloween thanks to our kind neighbours and their impressive stash of chocolates...



At last, a photo of our new kitchen. Thanks DH, you did a great job!!


(Even if you don't notice when it's tidy LOL)


The winner of my 300th post giveaway chosen by a random number generator of all the comments on the last 2 posts is The Calico Cat. Please email me your address and I'll pop a 'Lucky Dip' parcel in the post for you!

18 comments:

Katie Z. said...

That is one fabulous kitchen!

The Calico Cat said...

YAY, I won & you got a terrific Kitchen - your counterspace easily triples mine!

I dropped my name & address off in a separate e-mail.

Kandy Newton said...

Wow, nice quilts, cute pics of the boys (as always) and a showhome kitchen too. It's HUGE, my kitchen would fit in there three times! Nice units, what a clever DH, it looks very swanky.

Ooh, Congratulations on the 300th post too.

Chookyblue...... said...

great quilts.........esp double delight..........

jovaliquilts said...

What a beautiful kitchen! The counters are gorgeous.
I really like the kind of dappled look your quilt from leftovers has -- very nice.

Jo in TAS said...

Cute trick or treaters! The kitchen looks fabulous, I'll bet you'll be cooking up a storm in there now! Congrats to Calico Cat too!

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks fantastic!

Kim said...

Those quilts, truly love them. The boys must have been glad to be able to do some trick or treating, after-all, they had those fun costumes to make use of.

The kitchen, well, that's just totally awesome. Well worth the time and effort.

Congrats to Calico Cat on winning the Lucky Dip!

Pinktulip said...

The kids look to cute in their costumes! As you know, Halloween is not really celebrated much in South Africa, so imagine my surprize when the doorbell went last weekend and I heard little voices call "trick or treat"! This is a first for me! I had to go dig around for treats as a trick was out of the question. Three cute little boys standing at my gate with quite a nice stash already!

LOVE your kitchen! Your DH is a keeper, for sure!

dutchcomfort said...

Wow for the quilts, the kids, the kitchen AND the husband!
The kitchen is tidy indeed, really tidy!

Andrea said...

I WANT that kitchen - absolutely gorgeous. A big cheer for Mark !!

Ruth's Place said...

Yay for Calico Cat!

I have serious kitchen envy - you've seen mine lol

Such cute monsters you have there and the quilts look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

yeah to hubby for completing the kitchen!! I bet you are thrilled!!

Love your double delight...it looks huge...will you be quilting it by hand ;o)?

Elsie Montgomery said...

A great post - two lovely quilts, two lovely children, and that kitchen finished is terrific!

Unknown said...

Karol-Ann, it may have seemed to have taken a dog's age to get finished but Mark has done you proud with that lovely kitchen

Lovely quilts and the boys look great in their costumes :o)

Unknown said...

Where to start??? The kitchen looks gorgeous, I guess you are in there all day cooking and baking! The boys look scary boooooohhhh. The double delight is so beautiful, it looks so (please don´t laugh, well I know you will) clean, it is the light background fabric that makes it look like that and then the top well I think your mother can look forward to use it, I love how you arranged the blocks. Phew, all done now *LOL* Please don´t show us so many things next time *LOL*

Myra said...

Great DD mystery quilt!!! Love your kitchen! 8-)

Jumped over her for a look from Bec's blog...?...at least I think it was Bec's!?! lol! Hopping....

Happy stitchings!

Kate North said...

wow. the kitchen looks great. not sure how I missed it before :) you must be very pleased to have it done (so what's next, lol)