Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Flood Day

No school today because the rainwater under the bridges left the road to school impassable.

Luckily I sent out 2 swap parcels and my giveaway parcel last week!

Amy from the Calico Cat likes blue, so I sent her a blue parcel which included a blue cat bib for her little boy, a tote bag, a bag charm, fabric, ric-rac, fabric to make a dinosaur bag....



...and it has arrived safely so that's a relief.

Hoping to have the kids back at school tomorrow!! (Perhaps it's time for a canoe LOL)

7 comments:

maria said...

You must have had a lot more rain in Yorkshire than we have had here in Suffolk. I bet the children would love to go to school in a canoe!

jovaliquilts said...

Sounds awful! I hope the flooding doesn't cause you any more problems than a day home from school. Very cute things you sent to the Calico Cat. I guess you're a good judge of what to send someone with a little boy!

Anonymous said...

ooh a Flood day...a variation of a snow day!! Who da thunk it!

Keep warm and dry!! :o)

Mad about Craft said...

Thank you for my parcels!

Pinktulip said...

Keeping kids entertained in rainy weather can be challenging, especially if it rains for days on end. But I'm sure you are a Pro at this by now! Love getting parcels and swaps are great fun. This year I decided to refrain from swaps, too busy at work and very little time to even do my own stuff. Maybe next year. Can't wait to see what you get!

Anonymous said...

Just been watching the news of the floods in Cumbria...I know that you live the other side of that...hope you are staying safe and dry!

Unknown said...

Have you had more floods?