I managed to lightly quilt and then bind these 2 panels that Toni sent me. The long one is hanging at the front door and the smaller one over the fireplace...

Little big boys are big into crafting too especially when it's on my table in my sewing room and means that there is access to all sorts of trims etc...

But I'm very proud of the results...

I also decided to put the leftover blocks together from my 'Butterfly Blossom' quilt that I gave my brother and his wife. DH couldn't leave the layout of this lap quilt alone and so in the end we compromised and used half his idea and half mine, but here he can be seen rearranging...

I discovered a new use for selvages: row numbers for pinning!!

I also finished the borders on my Double Delight but that will go into my lottery winning wish pile for longarm quilting LOL. I am almost finished the borders on the above butterfly quilt, but this one I plan to back with fleece and quilt myself for use by my Mother when she visits as she's always complaining that it's so cold here - compared to South Africa, I guess it is :-)
My drawing is now closed and I'll announce a winner in my next post - thanks for playing!
EDIT - As I didn't give a warning, I was going to close my giveaway drawing, I'll leave it open and will draw a 'Lucky Dip' winner on the 4th of November. (Hopefully by that time my children will be well and back at school and nursery which will give me time to make up the winning parcel)
10 comments:
Awww, he's so adorable! (the son, not the DH) I miss mine being that little.
I love the panel with the marching characters - so cute! And the pumpkins make me think of six year olds that have just had a visit from the tooth fairy.
I lurk on your blog regularly - it is in my Google Reader - so I can't understand how I managed to miss your anniversary giveaway - ah, well, next time maybe.
Almost forgot - you are so lucky your husband gets involved in the creative process - let him have some fun!
you are so smart to give a another good use to the selvedge! Can see that your dh has good taste! This will be a great familyquilt!
It's great that all your "boys" are involved!
You should send your selvage idea to the selvage blog.
It is a piece of art your DS did, are the buttons candy?
It's levely to see your son crafting. It's great to see children being creative. Thanks for sharing his work too. And getting DH involved too.
Budding artists happen when materials are available and an interested mom encourages them. Seems that everyone in your family has an artistic flair. I like that your hubby enjoys quilt design puzzlers. He looks content to lay there, playing with the pieces. Between the two of you that quilt is looking good. Using the bias scrap to number rows is good thinking, I like the Halloween panels, too. I bet the boys love them! Such fun!
As usual, you have been EXTREMELY productive again! I always envy kids when they craft. They have no pre-conceived ideas and feel free to experiment...when do we lose that ability I wonder? His project is really nice! I know you can get annoyed with DH's interference sometimes, but I think it is so sweet of him to take such a keen interest in your crafts. My DH will not be caught looking at my stuff, never mind making a suggestion! You know, the typical South African Alpha Male thing!
The art work is wonderful. Can't wait to see you new quilt. How do you fit so much in?
What a delightful post! I love your son's craftwork and the layout on the floor looks lovely too!
Post a Comment