Saturday, 10 October 2009

This, that and t'other

I have had limited computer access as I still have not had my computer fixed, nor have I bought a new one so I am behind on keeping up with little people joining their brother at school ...


(only in the nursery that is!)

And the weather turning colder..


I didn't even manage to blog that last weekend I was kindly given a place to do a Shibori dyeing workshop which I thoroughly enjoyed...



Ode to Vicki W: my attempt at hearts! :-)

Love this one: looks like a dental x-ray...



Then Thursday we had a flying visit from my wonderful brother.


What a treat!

Thanks Bro!!

And thanks for bringing zips and buttons from Mom!


I am always on the scrounge for zips and buttons ;-)

This week I also managed: 'A gift for a poorly person':


Our dear friend and neighbour is in hospital and we are thinking of him... (Come home soon!!)

In the meantime, I made him a bag to fill with hospital essentials like water, the newspaper, sweets...


And my dear friend Vicky gave me a super kitchen present. Gorgeous red spotty mugs in a gorgeous polka dot bag.


Thanks Vicky! I'm saving the mugs until we've had our first cup of tea out of them together. (The chillis are from a friend and I made 'chilli confusion' i.e. it was meant to be chilli jam, the ingredients are, according to her husband, chutney-ish, but it's more like a sauce. However, it is YUMMY!(even if I say so myself!)

13 comments:

Kandy Newton said...

O.M.G. Frost? Already? Eeee, 'tis grim up North!

Lovely Shibori, you have made some beautiful pieces there.How clever to do the heart, I've never seen that done before.

As to the chili chutney/sauce.... Our DS uses something similar, and makes the fastest breakfast/brunch ever.He makes himself scrambled eggs with added chopped turkey ham or sliced chicken and then chucks a bit of the chili chutney in and stirs it in slightly - he swears blind it's delicious, hmmmm,each to their own.......

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the care package you put together. The dyeing workshop looks like fun.

YankeeQuilter said...

My Dh puts chili on everything - we have a green chili sauce from New Mexico that if we ever run out of I think his heart would stop!

The shibori is really nice! I tried it once and liked it...a bit messy though (or maybe that was just me?!)

Unknown said...

It must have been a treat indeed to have your brother visiting. The fabric you dyed is great.

Vicki W said...

I love your shibori dyes and your little heart is perfect!

PiecefulChaos said...

Love the pic of your boys - they are adorable! Also love those polka dot coffee mugs!

dutchcomfort said...

Those two little big boys are soooo cute!

This post sums up your wonderful week quite nice!

The Shibori dyed fabrics look gorgeous! Especially the detal X-ray!

Marie said...

HI there, Love the pic of the boys they are growing up too quickly. I bet the little one is thrilled to join brother at school! The fabric dying is great, I espsecially love the heart. YOu amaze me with all your talents so many and varied too. Enjoy your day my friend. Great package from your mom and a lovely visit from brother what else could a gal wish for. How is your nose much better I hope.Many hugs, Marie

Toni said...

I love it when you do a fully-packed post!! The boys are looking good!

FROST? Wow, I think we might have our first warning this week. Seems like fall has come and gone too quickly.

You are right, that does look like a dental xray! LOL The heart is perfect through.

What a handsome man you brother is! And he brings gifts too...bonus :)

Hope everything is well, miss you Karol-Ann!

Pinktulip said...

You have been busy! Love the tea set! When I set up my first flat years ago, my kitchen was red and I still have lots of red stuff around the kitchen. Very cheerful! When do we see pictures of the new kitchen then?

Anonymous said...

Love the dental x-ray fabric!! LOL

We've had frost in these parts too...seems a bit soon for scrapping the car in the morning!

jovaliquilts said...

So much great stuff! It's really something with the big one goes off to school -- how well I remember that the little one was desperate to tag along.
Love, love, love those polka dot mugs!

Kim said...

Hmm, I thought I told you how exciting this post is and now I see that I only thought that, lol, so I am back to say how much I enjoyed all you shared here. The fabric did turn out just great!! How fun! All things red ~ fabulous! Love that red cross bag for the sick friend. Your boys are looking handsome, including your dear brother who apparently comes complete with sweet treats and sewing goodies from Mom. How did you even notice the change of weather with all the goings on?!