Thursday, 1 October 2009

Back to being a bag lady



I do love making bags!





I bought this pattern at the Harrogate quilt show in September so it's not been sitting around too long :-) It's a 'Melly & Me' pattern and I used some yummy green silk for the lining and added an inside pocket and a cord for your keys.




Now to try it in another colour scheme...

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very cute bag!

Cobi said...

I love your bag. and I love making bags myself as well. right now I'm scrumbling (freeform knitting) one in pinks and greys.

Kandy Newton said...

Mmmmmmm, veeeerrrry nice. You have done a super job.

YankeeQuilter said...

That is one cute bag...can't say I've seen a lot of bag ladies carrying one like that?!

Pinktulip said...

I am a Bag Lady myself. What a stunning bag you made! Love the colours and shape. I recently bought several bag patterns but have not tried any of them. Too busy making clothes and crocheting bags. Soon! Thanks for sharing your lovely bag. Love the pink!

dutchcomfort said...

Ohhhh I missed the boy’s birthdays, a wedding, some quilts and a lovely pie.

Sorry KA! Happy Birthday to both your rascals! They grow up so fast!

Love the FQ bag! The pattern is waiting for me, like hundreds of other projects!

Happy weekend!

Andrea said...

It has a designer look to it - very nice xx

Unknown said...

It is a beauty, except the pink colour :)

Unknown said...

Nice!

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous - serious bag envy going on!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Love the idea of a cord for your keys!

Lady of the Cloth said...

Love those bags, you are a beautiful bag lady, even with a bruised nose!

Myra said...

Great bag!