Sunday, 15 March 2009

Treadles no more...


We met a friend for coffee at the Barnyard (a great place for kids...). While sitting chatting I noticed that some of the tables had had a previous (more interesting) life.



I felt a little sad, but they were very pretty...


7 comments:

Vicki W said...

They do look cool as table pedestals.

Unknown said...

Where did they get so many tables, I would like to have one.

Kim said...

Now I know what to do with those beat up tables I come across - great idea! Love the sunny no snow day you have there, too.

YankeeQuilter said...

My DH picked up a table like this for me at a yardsale. Like you it made me feel a bit sad...I'd like it better if it still had the sewing machine with it! Looks like a great place for a cuppa coffee though!

Julie said...

They are charming, but I agree, a little sad.

dutchcomfort said...

Would you believe I’ve seen those tables standing in the backyard of a quiltstore, with the sewingmachines still in it, falling down due the weather...?

When I asked about it, they said the machines didn’t work anymore.

Not an answer you expect from a socalled quilt-lover!

Elsie Montgomery said...

On the bright side, someone cared enough about them to give these a new life. They otherwise might be in a scrap metal yard! I'd love one on my patio!