My mother made this hexagon quilt many years ago from scraps a friend gave her. Not one fabric is used twice. I love it. Whenever I stay at my Mom's house I sleep under it...
Here's the back, perhaps you can see the quilting (handquilted fairly sparsely. - Please ignore the grumpy quilthanger LOL)
And in one of my Mother's drawers I found this old game. I don't remember ever playing it, but it looks quite cute.
That's your next quilt then - a pieced hexagon quilt, each hexagon made up of 3 x NYB's - rather you that me! Just love the expression on Mark's face :o)))))
That game is adorable! Looks like tiny New York Beauty blocks in the Hexagons!
If you Mom didn't repeat a fabric than it is a charm quilt! Those are tough to do! Thought I did it once then duhhh...one fabric twice! I was tempted to replace it but it was already quilted...
12 comments:
Your mother's hexagon make a wonderful charm quilt. The game looks like fun, too.
That's your next quilt then - a pieced hexagon quilt, each hexagon made up of 3 x NYB's - rather you that me! Just love the expression on Mark's face :o)))))
That game is adorable! Looks like tiny New York Beauty blocks in the Hexagons!
If you Mom didn't repeat a fabric than it is a charm quilt! Those are tough to do! Thought I did it once then duhhh...one fabric twice! I was tempted to replace it but it was already quilted...
The quilt is awesome, I understand that grumpy quilthanger, what a job.
What a pretty quilt! It is in your blood, I see!
well, I now know where you get your own hexagon addiction from :) And the grumpy hanger is cute :)
Fabulous quilt!! I can see why you love it.
Your Mothers hexagon quilt is gorgeous! How wonderful that you are making one too! Looks like you are having a brilliant holiday.
I love it! she did a great job. i love scrab quilts!
I just love your mom's hexagon quilt. Baie baie mooi.
Oh, I love the fun game you found!
Lovely to see the old favourite, hexagons, being appreciated.
Post a Comment