But on Saturday a special thing came to live at our house...
This is something I have wanted for ages. Before I sewed as much as I do now, I just wanted the legs to make a table, but now I want to get it working again if at all possible..
I don't know the model number or anything about it other than it's a Singer so if anyone could help me out with a bit of background info on it, I would be most grateful. ps I may not reply for a bit, but will try as soon as I can :-)
I just love it and I hope to sand it down, clean it up and look at it lots... and dream about restoring it properly!!
(DS2 checks the drawers...)
(Here's hoping I get restored properly too!)
18 comments:
Beautiful machine! May it give you years of service. Will be praying for your speedy recovery. Big quilty hugs!
Ohhh, it's gorgeous. One day, I'm hoping to find one too. Like you, I am fascinated by the iron legs, and then the whole thing comes together. It's a lovely antique piece of furniture. Good luck with the restoration.
Hope all goes well during your (short) stay at the hospital and best wishes for a speed recovery.
Gina (UK-SW)
Good Luck Karol-Ann!! Will be thinking of you!
Wonderful Singer machine table!!
Good luck for today - love your new baby, what a sweetie - there is a website where you can trace Singer Featherweights from their serial numbers - perhaps it's applicable to other machines - don't know the URL maybe someone else has it
They just don't make them as beautiful as they used too, it's a real work of art!!
Sending Hugs from Down Under and hope you make a swift recovery
Jo
xxx
Best wishes, hope it all goes well. Fantastic new toy!
Fran
Good luck!! I hope it all goes well today and that you recover very quickly. What a relief it will be to have this behind you, eh?
Great machine -- since it's a treadle, I would think it would be easier to get working again than a fancier machine would be.
It's a beauty. I see on several blogs people who sew on their treadles, so I'm sure that you can get some good advice. I will be praying for your surgery to go well and for a speedy recovery. Many good thoughts and prayers going your way.
Lovely machine...I have one of those waiting for my at my in-laws...just need the bigger house to put it in.
As for looking it up...have a look at this website http://www.ismacs.net/singer/singerdates.html with the serial number you might find out a bit more.
Lastly I'm think happy thoughts for you and wish you very well for your op!
Praying for you for a quick recovery. One word of causion re your new baby... Be very careful not to "clean" the decals. Yours are in wonderful shape, and some cleaners will remove them. I found a treadle a couple of years ago, and mine is not near as good as shape as yours. It does sew, but what a workout for your legs!!! I'd never be able to really sew anything on it!
How lovely. I've no room for any more furniture, but this would look good in place of a small desk that no one uses.... mmm!
My thoughts and prayers also!
I have an old singer book somewhere that may give you some info...they are super easy to work on! Hope and pray all goes well this week...
It is beautiful I would love to get one of these machines. I have kept my fingers crossed for you today!
Love this old sewing machine, And table.
your machine is just gorgeous, it is in such good condition, I sur it will be loved in it's new home.
All the best looking forward to hearing that all is well.
Kerry
I saw some of these at a local thrift shop and plan to go buy one as soon as finances allow. I love these old Singers! I saw a Singer website where you can date your machine recently. I think an earlier comment gave the link. There is also a website where you are able to order the original sewing machine book from. I'm sure you will find it when you google it. There also seems to be many people around that can servive and repair these old beauties.
Loraine
Did you find the serial number for your beautiful Singer? If you tilt the machine right back it will be on the underneath part of the machine.
Isn't it great how slowly you can sew with this old machine? I have a very similar one by Pfaff. I tried an electric one, but just can't work with something that dashes off like that. And my old darling is very strong! I can sew very thick layers, even leather, because it is so slow if wanted, that I hardly ever break the needle.
Post a Comment