Things are almost back to normal (for me) except I can't drive, use my sewing machine or do any serious physical activity (sadly this does not include the above household chores!!)
Husband dearest is also trying to de-clutter the house again so instead of getting bed rest I am getting re-stressed. Never mind, I shall wait until he has 'man-flu' again and then I will get him LOL!!
At least I can retreat into the wonderful world of blogging where you can meet people from all over the world, share thoughts, patterns, recipes etc and find out about doing nice things for others from the comfort of your own home.
One of my wonderful blog-friends is Sonnja. Sonnja selflessly makes fabric bears for orphaned and AIDS-affected children in Africa.
Here are some Beertje Zonn bears that Sonnja has made from fabric, I have sent her, but if you look on her blog you will see that Sonnja has made thousands of bears and thousands of little children have been given a 'Beertje Zonn' of their own.
If you would like to help Sonnja and send her some fabric for Beertje Zonn, I'm sure she and the children would be very grateful. (Details can be found on her website by clicking here)
Another person who would be very grateful of a giveaway is my DH!! He is climbing the walls with all my stuff. So I have put a little parcel together of bits and pieces that I will never use, but can't bear to throw away...
(A 'Farmyard Friends' pattern, a chenille dog pattern, a barely used cone of gold metallic thread, some hexagons, some Liberty Lawn swatches, a piece of purple lining fabric, some rhinestone-type embellishments, some paper roses, a horse tree ornament, some Seasonal mini panels and labels and a bag of very tiny rose scraps left over from making my September bag)
If you would like this parcel, just leave me a comment and I'll pick a name by my next post...
In the meantime, I'm stitching away at my rose hexagons...
(here's a view from my lap)
and revelling in real roses (from little boys who have the flu...)
16 comments:
I am sorry that you are able to vacuum and do the household chores *LOL* Sonnja is amazing, I have sent her fabrics once, I really should do it again.
Oh my word, I love those little bears. What a wonderful gift for little ones.
Ek is bly jy voel beter na die operasie. Vriendin een van die dae sal jy weer kan stik en aan jou kwilts kan werk. Die beertjies is pragtig. Ek sal na haar blok gaan kyk.
I hope this means that you are recovering well! Don't enter me in the drawing - the last thing I need right now is mroe stuff! I just got in a largish fabric order. I've been a bad girl. :)
This is comment for Joyce, who has entered the draw by email.
Your rose hexagons quilt is lovely and the roses from your little boys are beautiful!
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
Sonnja is an angel!! Your hexagon quilt is looking good! And what a sweet boy you have there. I am thinking that he looks a lot like your husband doesn't he?
So glad that you are making progress and such a shame about the housework! Don't let DH get away with stressing you out - I am sure you could really warn him off with one of your crutches :-) Both bunches of roses looking great!...Luv AJ
The real roses are almost as beautiful as the hexagon ones - as for Mark, nothing a quick bat around the head with a well-aimed crutch wouldn't sort out :o)
I think housework is definitely a serious physical activity...as is de-cluttering! Take it easy and rest!! :o)
What! You mean you don't count vacuuming as serious physical activity? (Don't enter me in the draw - I'm going to have to indulge in some serious de-cluttering myself before much longer).
Rest, silly. REST. Recover! Glad you're home and doing quilty things!
And here's a comment for Patricia, who has entered the draw by email.
You should be sitting by the fire and enjoying the time you could take to rest and recover. I have just visited your County and it was cold, though it was absolutely beautiful. During my travels to the Dales, I saw some stunning grouse birds. Can you please add a couple with your giveaway bag of lovely stuff? :) lol
Hoovering is definitely a physical activity - as is cleaning the toilet if my house is anything to go by. Pack it in and get your hexagons done!
Hope you are getting some rest....I do understand the stress of the .....de-clutterer being around when you can't move things. I have so been there! Looks like the hex sewing is coming along. Well done.... I am so in awe of you for doing that. Speedy recovery. I can't keep up with the toilet cleaning ...even without crutches!
Post a Comment