Well they certainly don't want you leaving a dent in those hospital beds!! This morning, I was woken early, vitals checked and after being escorted to the facilities, returned to find my bed was pretty much 'out of bounds'. I was seated in a chair, given breakfast, given a few practice steps with crutches around the ward and up and down the stairs (I'm an old hand at crutches!) and now I'm home.
I didn't get much of that TLC I was hoping for in the hospital, I think they've changed it to mean 'Tough Love Crew', but I'm not complaining. My ordeal is over for now and we'll see if this plate removal helps.
I managed a bit of handwork, although the anaesthetist scuppered that plan yesterday, with his pre-op medication. In fact I can't remember a single thing after taking a few tablets for my 'nerves' :-)
While I was waiting for physios, doctors, crutches etc I managed to applique these 8 hearts that I had basted over papers many years ago.
The original pattern called for them to be sliced in half and sewn together with different partners. I'm still thinking about this part...
In the meantime, I am under strict instruction to do no strenuous sports etc for the next 2-3 months (oh, so no change there then LOL). For now I am merely (a) S.O.R.E. (a Sewing Operative Resting Extensively!)
32 comments:
Glad it all went ok - love the applique hearts - I wouldn't bother cutting and matching up I think they're suitably delicious as they are :o))
Now you just have to train the boys to bring you copious cups of tea when you want them :o)))
I made one of those "stitch and split" heart quilts a couple of years ago for my son's music teacher who had lost her Dad to cancer. It turned out beautifully. Good luck recuperating!
Glad to see you’re ok!! I hope you will be spoiled now by all the men in the house!
Lovely hearts, beautiful with or without splitting!
So glad you made it safely back home! Love your Tough Love Crew acronym.
I am soooo glad you are back home. I am amazed that you had the time to applique those hearts, they are great without cutting them :)
Ek is baie bly alles het goed verloop. Lyk vir my jy is klaar besig om te kwilt. Word gou gesond!
Look at you up and about so quick after the op, at least your recuperation gives you plenty of time to stitch, just drag it out as long as you can and have that family running around after you!
Delighted to hear that you are home again and that everything went well. Get as much rest as possible and have a safe plus quick recovery! I love your hearts, either way looks great!
I'm glad that everything went so smoothly. I hope being S.O.R.E will allow you to get a lot of sewing (either had or machine as you can manage) done. Take care and heal properly!!
Hugs!
It is amazing how fast they release folks after surgery. I hope your recovery and healing are quick and complete.
Glad to hear you are well and back at home.
Next week I'm visiting the Yorkshire Dales and will be thinking of that beautiful view you have on your blog header
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Gina (SW-UK)
Wow, you're home so fast! I hope you get to be a S.O.R.E. for a bit longer than you stayed in hospital. Take this opportunity to teach your boys how to be good husbands - looking after mummy and doing some of the jobs she normally does!
The hearts are lovely. I like them as they are.
Forgot to say - I love the PJs! Is that Tatty Ted?
I most have missed something. Glad to hear all went well and you are back home. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Could to see that you are able applique those heart and enjoy quilting.
They sure don't hang around in hospitals these days. I must say you look great - I think you should play at looking a bit sicker so you get more sympathy and waiting on - lol ! Thanks for the fabric - you saved the day. xx
You have created some pretty blocks, and have kept your sense of humor, so even though I wouldn't pick the 'tough love crew' over 'tender loving care', it seems to have not done any permanent damage to your spirits. I hope that you get some of the latter along the way, and if life is too hectic, I vote that you search for a niche and just pamper yourself a little. Seeing the little guy beside you and his adorable little face, I can imagine that it could be a little bit of a challenge.
Good to have you back,and well! those hearts are lovely! wish you all the best!
Your good attitude will go a long way toward a quick recovery... as well as working on those lovely hearts!
God bless...
It's good to hear you are okay and back home - even if you didn't get the TLC you deserved! Love those hearts - I wouldn't cut them in half - seems mean somehow!!!!
Lucy x
I guess we will have to cancel our touch-football game that we had scheduled for next week. LOL
So glad you have that ordeal behind you.
Hurray! The surgery is done done done, hurray!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will do magic things for you. I like the cut up and paired off hearts. Sweat idea! Cute little guy there with you in the photo. I like your crutches better than mine. I had those nasty guys that poke into your arm-pits, lol. Hope you still have some helpers around the house to cook and help wherever needed. Big hug!
So happy your on the mend, will be hoping that the surg did the trick. Hope those sweet men in our home take good care of you. love those hearts and the P J's too. Hugs, Marie
I am happy that you are home safely, and take some rest, you deserve it. Hopefully you will be playing football with the boys soon, if the weather permits it.
Love your quilting, the hearts are so nice as they are, and wouldn't you lose a lot from cutting them in the middle.
Love your blog.
Pascale.
Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. It sounds like you'll have plenty of time for some hand sewing for a while.
OMG you poor thing. You are up and around at least. And I think I see a smile on that face. I'm sorry you had to go thru all of that. But hopefully your leg will be good as new now.
Hang in there!
Hugs
Best wishes for your leg!! I like your blog and will be back!
Hugs
Welcome home! Glad all went well. Good luck with the healing period lying ahead. At least sewing is not too strenuous! I love the hearts! I am looking at making a tablerunner and hearts is one of the options.
Loraine
I think those nurses may have been American waitresses in former lives and think if they turn the table/bed quickly they will generate more tips....
Glad to hear you are recovering well...take care.
Glad you are doing ok. I hope this will ehlp and you will be back to normal soon!! Take care.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you continue to get better.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this will improve your mobility and reduce your pain! Take care.
AHhh you are looking good but my oh my you have a lot of recovering to do... Shame you sew and stitch!
Post a Comment